One day in the life of Andrei Arsenevich
- AMIP, La Sept Arte, INA, Arkeion Films present ; video footage and narration, Chris Marker ; [directed by Chris Marker ; produced by Thierry Garrel].
- English, Russian. In English and Russian with English subtitles.
- [Brooklyn, New York] : [Distributed by] Icarus Films, 
- Physical description
- 1 streaming video file (55 min.) : digital, sound, color with black and white sequences
- Marker, Chris, 1921-2012, screenwriter, director of photography, film director.
- Garrel, Thierry, film producer.
- Stewart, Alexandra, voice actor.
- Audiovisuel Multimedia International Production, production company.
- Sept/Arte (Firm), production company.
- Institut national de l'audiovisuel (France), production company.
- Arkeion Films (Firm), production company.
- Icarus Films, distributor.
- One day in the life of Andreĭ Arsenʹevich : this documentary is a homage to post-War Russian filmmaker Andrei Tarkovsky by his friend and colleague renowned French filmmaker Chris Marker. Marker draws parallels between Tarkovsky's life and films, offering an original insight into the usually reclusive director. Incorporating extensive film clips, journal entries, personal musings, and behind-the-scenes footage of Tarkovsky obsessively commanding his entire crew and of candid moments with his friends and family, this is a personal and loving portrait of the monumental filmmaker.
- Tarkovskiĭ, Andreĭ Arsenʹevich, 1932-1986 > Criticism and interpretation.
- Tarkovskiĭ, Andreĭ Arsenʹevich, 1932-1986.
- Motion picture producers and directors > Soviet Union > Biography.
- Motion pictures > Soviet Union > History.
- Komsomolʹsk-na-Amure (Russia) > History > 20th century.
- Moscow (Russia) > History > 21st century.
- Politkovskai͡a, Anna > Assassination.
- Journalists > Russia (Federation)
- Khanty-Mansiĭsk (Russia)
- Patriotism > Russia (Federation)
- Release date
- Production date
- Title from title frames.
- Originally produced by: AMIP [and 3 others], ©1999 as an episode of the television program Cinéma de notre temps; previously released in 2000.
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions.
- Production Credits
- Editing, Chris Marker ; music, Edouard Artemiev, J.S. Bach, Henry Purcell, Mozart.
- Voice, Alexandra Stewart.
- 10 and up.
- System requirements: Firefox 4 and up; Safari 5.0 and up; Chrome version 21 and up; Internet Explorer 8 and up; Flash or HTML5 player.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Related Work
- Cinéma de notre temps (Television program)
- Publisher Number
- if-1day Docuseek2