- Jenny Lister; with contributions by Johanna Agerman Ross, Beatrice Behlen, Regina Lee Blaszczyk, Susanna Brown, Elisabeth Murray, Janine Sykes, Stephanie Wood.
- London : V&A Publishing, 
- [New York, NY] : Abrams, an imprint of ABRAMS
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 224 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 28 cm
- Lister, Jenny (Museum curator), author.
- Agerman Ross, Johanna, contributor.
- Behlen, Beatrice, contributor.
- Blaszczyk, Regina Lee, contributor.
- Brown, Susanna, contributor.
- Murray, Elisabeth, contributor.
- Sykes, Janine, contributor.
- Wood, Stephanie, contributor.
- Victoria and Albert Museum, host institution.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 218-219) and index.
- Introduction: Making Fashion History
- Part One Before Bazaar 1919-1955
- Part Two Boutique to Wholesale 1955-1962 Modelling Quant, Stephanie Wood Photographic Interpretations, Susanna Brown
- Part Three Into the Big Time 1963-1964 Doing Business in Transatlantic Fashion: The Experience of Mary Quant, Regina Lee Blaszczyk
- Part Four The Shock of the Knee 1965-1967 Quant and Cosmetics, Beatrice Behlen Quant and Advertising: Collett Dickenson Pearce, Janine Sykes
- Part Five Liberated Fashion 1968-1975 Selling the Total Look: Quant and Interiors, Johanna Agerman Ross
- Part Six Lifestyle Brand 1975-2000
- Conclusion: Fashion for Everyone
- Appendix: Mary Quant Labels, Elisabeth Murray.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Dame Mary Quant is a fashion icon. The first focused study of her career, this book shows how she revolutionized fashion, harnessing youth, streetstyle and mass production to create a new look for everyone. It surveys the development of her business in the context of British, European and American fashion in the post-war period, and explores how her innovative marketing created a powerful global brand. Featuring new photography of Quant garments, alongside previously unpublished fashion photographs and designs, this book is a dynamic and authoritative account of the designer and her legacy.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Quant, Mary > Exhibitions.
- Women fashion designers > England > London > Biography.
- Women fashion designers > England > London > Exhibitions.
- Fashion designers > England > London > Biography.
- Fashion designers > Great Britain > 20th century > Exhibitions.
- Fashion design > History > 20th century > Exhibitions.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- "First published by V&A Publishing to accompany the exhibition Mary Quant on view from 6 April 2019 to 16 February 2020 at the Victoria and Albert Museum, South Kensington, London SW7 2RL"--Page 224.
Browse related items
Start at call number: