Mike Meyers' CompTIA Network+ certification passport : (exam N10-007)
- Mike Meyers, Jonathan S. Weissman.
- Sixth edition.
- New York : McGraw-Hill Education, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (1 volume) : illustrations
- Part 1: Domain 1.0 Networking Concepts Chapter 1.1: Explain the purposes and uses of ports and protocols Chapter 1.2: Explain devices, applications, protocols, and services at their appropriate OSI layers Chapter 1.3: Explain the concepts and characteristics of routing and switching Chapter 1.4: Given a scenario, configure the appropriate IP addressing components Chapter 1.5: Compare and contrast the characteristics of network topologies, types and technologies Chapter 1.6: Given a scenario, implement the appropriate wireless technologies and configurations Chapter 1.7: Summarize cloud concepts and their purposes Chapter 1.8: Explain the functions of network services.
- Part 2: Domain 2.0 Infrastructure Chapter 2.1: Given a scenario, deploy the appropriate cabling solution Chapter 2.2: Given a scenario, determine the appropriate placement of networking devices on a network and install/configure them Chapter 2.3: Explain the purposes and use cases for advanced networking devices Chapter 2.4: Explain the purposes of virtualization and network storage technologies Chapter 2.5: Compare and contrast WAN technologies
- Part 3: Domain 3.0 Network Operations Chapter 3.1: Given a scenario, use appropriate documentation and diagrams to manage the network. Chapter 3.2: Compare and contrast business continuity and disaster recovery concepts. Chapter 3.3: Explain common scanning, monitoring and patching processes and summarize their expected outputs. Chapter 3.4: Given a scenario, use remote access methods. Chapter 3.5: Identify policies and best practices.
- Part 4: Domain 4.0 Network Security Chapter 4.1: Summarize the purposes of physical security devices. Chapter 4.2: Explain authentication and access controls. Chapter 4.3: Given a scenario, secure a basic wireless network. Chapter 4.4: Summarize common networking attacks. Chapter 4.5: Given a scenario, implement network device hardening. Chapter 4.6: Explain common mitigation techniques and their purposes.
- Part 5: Domain 5.0 Network Troubleshooting and Tools Chapter 5.1: Explain the network troubleshooting methodology. Chapter 5.2: Given a scenario, use the appropriate tool. Chapter 5.3: Given a scenario, troubleshoot common wired connectivity and performance issues. Chapter 5.4: Given a scenario, troubleshoot common wireless connectivity and performance issues. Chapter 5.5: Given a scenario, troubleshoot common network service issues. App A: Career Flight Path.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Up-to-date, focused coverage of every topic on the CompTIA Network+ exam N10-007 Get on the fast track to becoming CompTIA Network+ certified with this affordable, portable study tool. Inside, certification training experts guide you through the official N10-007 exam objectives in the order that CompTIA presents them, providing a concise review of each and every exam topic. With an intensive focus only on what you need to know to pass the CompTIA Network+ Exam N10-007, this certification passport is your ticket to success on exam day.Inside: -Itineraries--List of official exam objectives covered-ETAs--Amount of time needed to review each exam objective-Travel Advisories--Expert advice on critical topics-Local Lingo--Concise definitions of key terms and concepts-Travel Assistance--Recommended resources for more information-Exam Tips--Common exam pitfalls and solutions-Connecting Flights--References to sections of the book that cover related concepts-Checkpoints--End-of-chapter questions, answers, and explanations-Career Flight Path--Information on the exam and possible next steps Online content includes: -200 practice exam questions in the Total Tester exam engine.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- CompTIA Network+ certification passport
- Mike Meyers' Computing Technology Industry Association network plus certification passport
- Includes index.
- 9781260121193 (electronic bk.)
- 1260121194 (electronic bk.)