Delicious metropolis : the desserts and urban scenes of Wayne Thiebaud
- Wayne Thiebaud.
- Uniform Title
- Paintings. Selections
- San Francisco : Chronicle Books, 
- Physical description
- 143 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 25 cm
- Thiebaud, Wayne, artist.
- DESSERTS: Five Cupcakes, 1999
- Angel Foods, 2000
- Chocolate & Maple, 2001
- Bakery Counter, 1993
- Two and One-Half Cakes, 1972
- DESSERTS & CITYSCAPES: Cold Case, 2010-2013 & Heavy Traffic, 1988
- Park Place, 1995; Condominium Ridge, 1978
- Freeway Curve, 1995
- Intersection Buildings, 2000-2014
Delicious Metropolis brings together two of Wayne Thiebaud's most celebrated bodies of work: desserts and cityscapes. Between the two, fascinating juxtapositions develop. The layers of a Neapolitan cake echo the shadows cast across a street in the late afternoon. The pastel hues of iced sponge cakes match California's candy-colored houses. Curators, critics, and artists guide the reader through the book via insightful bite-size essays. This gorgeous hardcover offers fans and newcomers a refreshing and accessible way to enjoy the oeuvre of this iconic American painter. Complete with multicolored page edges evoking the layers of one of Thiebaud's mouthwatering cakes, it's a treat for art lovers, city-dwellers, and gourmets alike.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781452169934 (hardcover : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: