- French. In English
- video file; MPEG-4; Flash.
- Distrib Films, 2013.
- [San Francisco, California, USA] : Kanopy Streaming, 2019.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (streaming video file) (76 minutes) : digital, .flv file, sound
- One of the major French filmmakers of the post-New Wave, Philippe Garrel has belatedly been recognized as a master in America, and JEALOUSY may be his most accessible film in nearly 50 years of filmmaking. Shot in lustrous, widescreen black and white, the film opens with a man leaving his wife and daughter and, in a series of brief conversations, observed gestures, chance encounters and impulsive acts, tells the story of the relationships that flounder and thrive in the wake of this decision. Shot with Garrel’s celebrated sensitivity and attention to faces, bodies, hands and the intricacies of the human heart, JEALOUSY is an especially intimate, deeply poignant and never less than enthralling tale of love, temptation and betrayal. Nominated for the Golden Lion at the **Venice Film Festival**. *"In a brief 77 minutes, JEALOUSY provides a remarkably full - and also an intriguingly partial - portrait of a group of struggling artists as no-longer-entirely-young men and women." - A.O. Scott, **The New York Times***
- Supplemental links
- Release date
- Production date
- Title from title frames.
- In Process Record.
- Anna Mouglalis, Louis Garrel, Rebecca Convenant
- Originally produced by Distrib Films in 2013.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Publisher Number
- 4068761 Kanopy