Research handbook on foreign direct investment
- edited by Markus Krajewski, Rhea Tamara Hoffmann.
- Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA, USA : Edward Elgar Publishing, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xiii, 723 pages ; 26 cm.
- Research handbooks in international law.
- LAW-8003-01 -- International Economic Law, Business & Policy (IELBP) Colloq
- Pinchis-Paulsen, Mona
At the library
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The political economy of bilateral investment treaties / Sarah Bauerle Danzman
- Approaches to foreign direct investment in legal research / Stephan W Schill and Kerem Gülay
- Foreign investment law and developing countries / Antonius R Hippolyte
- FDI, international investment agreements and the sustainable development goals / Lise Johnson
- Trends and reform debates / Elisabeth Tuerk, Jorun Baumgartner and Dafina Atanasova
- Scope of international investment agreements and substantive protection standards / Catharine Titi
- Investment dispute settlement / Anna De Luca and Giorgio Sacerdoti
- FDI and services trade : connections in rules and dispute settlement / Martín Molinuevo and Michael Jacobson
- Investor-state contracts / Ivar Alvik
- Investment guarantees and political risk insurance / Panayotis M. Protopsaltis
- Africa / Dominic Npoanlari Dagbanja
- Asia / Locknie Hsu
- Australia and New Zealand / Andrew Mitchell
- European Union / Angelos Dimopoulos
- Central and Eastern Europe / Lénárd Sándor
- Latin America / Katia Fach Gómez
- North America / Kendra Magraw
- International investment law and sustainable development / Stefanie Schacherer and Rhea Tamara Hoffmann
- Protection of the environment and international investment law / Sabrina Robert-Cuendet
- Human rights and international investment law / Eric De Brabandere
- Investment agreements and financial crises / Christina Binder and Philipp Janig.
Increasing international investment, the proliferation of international investment agreements, domestic legislation and investor-state contracts have contributed to the development of a new field of international law that defines obligations between host states and foreign investors with investor-state dispute settlements. This involves not only vast sums, but also a panoply of rights, duties and shifting objectives at the juncture of national and international law and policy. This engaging Research Handbook provides an authoritative account of these diverse investment law issues. Written by international experts in the field, the contributions provide economic, political and legal perspectives to cover all aspects of international and national investment law. With regional perspectives from Africa, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, Europe, and Latin and North America, this Research Handbook offers an analytical overview of the key areas of current research interest and developments in investment law. Vitally, the expert contributors outline future and upcoming issues, as well as providing a research agenda for the topic. This Research Handbook will be an excellent resource for researchers in academic institutions, governments and non-governmental organisations, as well as for practitioners including government officials, negotiators and practicing lawyers.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Foreign direct investment
- Research handbooks in international law
- 9781785369841 (hardcover)
- 9781785369858 (eBook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: