Unconditional education : supporting schools to serve all students
- Robin Detterman, Jenny Ventura, Lihi Rosenthal, and Ken Berrick.
- New York, NY : Oxford University Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xvi, 212 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
At the library
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC1200 .D47 2019||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 199-205) and index.
- Chapter 1. Introduction
- Chapter 2. Schools as Systems
- Chapter 3. Schools as Relational Networks
- Chapter 4. Schools as Centers for Behavioral Learning
- Chapter 5. Unconditional Education Framework
- Chapter 6. Coordination of Services
- Chapter 7. Assessment
- Chapter 8. Leadership and Strategic Planning
- Chapter 9. Implementation Challenges.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
After decades of reform, America's public schools continue to fail particular groups of students; the greatest opportunity gaps are faced by those whose achievement is hindered by complex stressors, including disability, trauma, poverty, and institutionalized racism. When students' needs overwhelm the neighborhood schools assigned to serve them, they are relegated to increasingly isolated educational environments. Unconditional Education (UE) offers an alternate approach that transforms schools into communities where all students can thrive. It reduces the need for more intensive and costly future remediation by pairing a holistic, multi-tiered system of supports with an intentional focus on overall culture and climate, and promotes systematic coordination and integration of funding and services by identifying gaps and eliminating redundancies to increase the efficient allocation of available resources. This book is an essential resource for mental health and educational stakeholders (i.e., school social workers, therapists, teachers, school administrators, and district-level leaders) who are interested in adopting an unconditional approach to supporting the students within their schools.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9780190886516 (pbk.)
- 019088651X (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: