- a film by J. Mashouf.
- English, Arabic. In English and Arabic with English subtitles.
- video file.
- [Place of publication not identified] : Privately Published, 2009.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (74 minutes)
- Mashouf, Justin, director, filmmaker.
- "Warring Factions" focuses on half Iranian Muslim American's journey to Iran to find break dancers and bridge the rift between the US and Iran with hip hop and traditional Persian martial arts. During this journey, he explores the cultural and political divide between America and Iran from his personal perspective. The documentary begins in the US and soon moves to Iran, where he trains in an authentic Zurkhaneh gym, spends time with family, interviews Tehran citizens, visits local sites, and connects with other Iranian youth who share his passion for the "b-boy" breakdancing subculture. Upon his return home to Arizona, he is detained by Homeland Security, who confiscate his film, laptop and interrogate him about his activities in Iran. The ironic conclusion illustrates the Iranian-American dilemma, who are often caught in the middle of a ceaseless feud between "warring factions."
- Publication date
- Title from resource description page (viewed January 23, 2019).
- Featuring: Tim Robles, Sekyu Kim, Lexi Obara, Mahdi Pessarakli, Enrique Bribriesca, Mellow Drama Crew, Hosain Bagheri, Jeff Enos, Maryam Marwa, Bijan Mashouf, Houshang Mashouf, Omid Mashouf, Mehregan Vosough, Hossein 'Battle' Bakhshi, Akbar Mohammadi, Gholamreza Hamidi, Amir-Ali Nafisi, Saed Mohammadpour, Nasser Mohammadpour, Farid Gorgin, Azizolah Fattahi, Carolann Mashouf, Ruth Rickman, Dana DiRado, Jason Bush, Aaron Sousa, Heather Grace Hancock, Amanda Apodaca, Laouren Farrell, David Morden.