- Sean Redmond.
- London : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2019.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 332 pages : illustrations ; 20 cm.
- Key ideas in media and cultural studies.
- Redmond, Sean, author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 308-325) and index.
- Chapter One: The Key Idea: Two Celebrity Circuits Beat as One Chapter Two: Celebrity Representations Chapter Three: More than Just a Feeling: Celebrity Affects Chapter Four: (Post) Modern Identities and Celebrity Selfhood Chapter Five: Celebrity Embodiment Chapter Six: The Liquid Lights of Celebrity Productions Chapter Seven: Celebrity Texturality Chapter Eight: Impressionable Audiences: Consuming Celebrity Culture Chapter Nine: Celebrity Agency Chapter Ten: Celebrity Regulation in Body and Space Chapter Eleven: Celebrity Disruption Conclusion.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Celebrity introduces the key terms and concepts, dilemmas and issues that are central to the study and critical understanding of celebrity. Drawing on two dynamic models from two different modes of enquiry - the circuit of celebrity culture and the circuit of celebrity affect - this book explores the multi-layered, multi-faceted contexts and concepts that sit within and surround the study of celebrity. Through building a critical story about celebrity, Sean Redmond discusses key topics such as identity and representation; the celebrity body; the consumption of celebrity and celebrity culture; and the sensory connection between fans and celebrities, gender, activism, gossip and toxicity. Including case studies on Miley Cyrus, David Bowie, Scarlett Johansson and Kate Winslet, Celebrity is a dynamic and topical volume ideal for students and academics in celebrity and cultural studies.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Key ideas in media and cultural studies
- 9780415527439 (hardback ; alk. paper)
- 0415527430 (hardback ; alk. paper)
- 9780415527446 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
- 0415527449 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
- 9780203114803 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: