Certain number-theoretic episodes in algebra
- R. Sivaramakrishnan.
- Second edition.
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xxxi, 411 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA247 .S5725 2019||Unknown|
- Sivaramakrishnan, R., 1936- author.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Section A - ELEMENTS OF THE THEORY OF NUMBERS. From Euclid to Lucas: Elementary theorems revisited. Solutions of Congruences, Primitive Roots. The Chinese Remainder Theorem. Mobius inversion. Quadratic Residues. Decomposition of a number as a sum of two or four squares. Dirichlet Algebra of Arithmetical Functions. Modular arithmetical functions. A generalization of Ramanujan sums. Ramanujan expansions of multiplicative arithmetic functions. Section B - SELECTED TOPICS IN ALGEBRA. On the uniqueness of a group of order r (r > 1). Quadratic Reciprocity in a finite group. Commutative rings with unity. Noetherian and Artinian rings. Section C - GLIMPSES OF THE THEORY OF ALGEBRAIC NUMBERS. Dedekind domains. Algebraic number fields. Section D - SOME ADDITIONAL TOPICS. Vaidyanathaswamy's class-division of integers modulo r. Burnside's lemma and a few of its applications. On cyclic codes of length n over Fq. An Analogue of the Goldbach problem. Appendix A. Appendix B. Appendix C. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
The book attempts to point out the interconnections between number theory and algebra with a view to making a student understand certain basic concepts in the two areas forming the subject-matter of the book.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781138495784 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 1138495786 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 9781351023344 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: