- Raman Sud, Ken Edelman.
- [Indianapolis, Ind.] : Que Certification, ©2004.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xi, 416 pages) : illustrations.
- Exam cram 2.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1: Cisco Certification Exams.
- Assessing Exam-Readiness. The Exam Situation. Exam Layout and Design. Exam Basics. Mastering the Inner Game. Additional Resources. I: NETWORK SECURITY AND CISCO IOS ROUTERS. 2: Fundamentals of Network Security.
- Introduction. Why Implement Network Security? Classification of Network Attacks. Vulnerabilities Within Various Management Protocols. Summary. Exam Prep Questions. Need to Know More? 3: Securing Cisco Routers.
- Introduction. Assessing the Risk. Securing the Network Using Cisco Routers. Securing Administrative Access to a Cisco Router. Securing Routers by Disabling Unused Router Services and Interfaces. Cisco Access Lists. Mitigating Security Threats Using ACLs. Summary. Exam Prep Questions. Need to Know More? II: CISCO IOS FIREWALL FEATURE SET. 4: Configuring the Intrusion Detection System on a Cisco Router.
- Introduction. Introduction to the Cisco IOS Firewall Feature Set. What Is CBAC? CBAC Operation. What Does CBAC Inspect? Event Tracking. Configuring Syslog. Configuring CBAC. Global Parameters. Identifying Traffic Using Inspection Rules. Guidelines for Applying CBAC and ACLs. Nonstandard Application Port Implementation. PAM. Verifying and Testing CBAC. Removing CBAC. Summary. Exam Prep Questions. Need to Know More? 5: Securing Cisco Network Routers Using AAA.
- Introduction. What Is AAA? Components of AAA. Understanding AAA. Types of Authentication Methods. Implementing AAA Using Local Authentication. Implementing AAA Using External Servers. Defining AAA. TACACS+. RADIUS. TACACS+ Versus RADIUS. Configuring Edge Routers Using AAA. Overview of CiscoSecure Access Control Server. CSACS for Windows NT/2000. CSACS Services. Using the ACS Database. Using a Windows Database. Token Card Support. Features. CSACS Appliance. Troubleshooting CSACS for Windows. What Is Kerberos? Summary. Exam Prep Questions. Need to Know More? 6: Configuring the Intrusion Detection System on a Cisco Router.
- Introduction. What Is the Cisco IOS Firewall IDS? What Is a Signature Type? Configuring the IDS. SpamThe Other White Meat. Creating an IDS Inspection Rule. Disabling and Excluding Signatures. Verifying and Testing the Cisco IOS Firewall IDS. Summary. Exam Prep Questions. Need to Know More? 7: Configuring Authentication Proxy on a Cisco Router.
- Introduction. Defining Authentication Proxy. Configuring Authentication Proxy. Configuring Authentication Proxy Rules. Applying Authentication Proxy Rules. Verifying and Testing Authentication Proxy. Summary. Exam Prep Questions. Need to Know More? III: VIRTUAL PRIVATE NETWORKS USING CISCO IOS ROUTERS. 8: Understanding IPSec VPNs on Cisco Routers.
- Overview and Objectives. What Are VPNs? Introduction to IPSec. What Does IPSec Provide? Types of Encryption. Symmetric Key Algorithms. Asymmetric Key Algorithms. Integrity. Hash Algorithms. Origin Authentication. Antireplay Protection. Framework of IPSec. Tunneling Protocols. AH. ESP. Tunnel Versus Transport Mode. Steps Involved in Setting Up IPSec. Tasks Involved in Configuring IPSec. Planning for IKE and IPSec. Defining IKE Phase 1 Policy. Overview of CA Support. Configuring CA Support. Maintaining and Monitoring the CA. Available Authentication Methods. Identifying IPSec Peers. Associating an ISAKMP Policy to Peers. Various Policy Parameters for IKE Phase 1. Defining IKE Phase 2 (IPSec) Policy. Defining IPSec Peers. Checking for Compatible Policies. Ensuring Network Connectivity. Required Protocols for IPSec. Summary. Exam Prep Questions. Need to Know More? 9: Configuring IPSEC VPNs on Cisco Routers.
- Introduction. Configuring IKE Phase 1. Enabling IKE. Configuring ISAKMP Identity. Creating IKE Policies. Configure Preshared Keys. Digital Certificate Support Introduction. Hostname and Domain Name. Digital Certificate Support Summary. Verifying IKE Configuration. Configuring IKE Phase 2 (IPSec). Crypto Access Lists. Symmetrical ACLs. Configuring the IPSec SA Lifetime. Transform Sets. Crypto Maps. Configuring Crypto Maps. Applying Crypto Maps to Interfaces. Verifying and Testing IPSec -. IKE Show Commands. Digital Certificate Show Commands. IPSec Show Commands. Debug Commands. Summary. Exam Prep Questions. Need to Know More? 10: Cisco Easy VPN.
- Introduction. Understanding Cisco Easy VPN. Components of Easy VPN. Features of Easy VPN Server. Elements and Options Supported by Cisco Easy VPN Server. Elements and Options Not Supported by Cisco Easy VPN Server. Supported Easy VPN Servers. Features of Easy VPN Remote. Understanding Easy VPN Remote Phase 2. Supported Hardware and Software Easy VPN Devices. Limitations of Easy VPN Remote Phase 2. Establishing VPN Using Easy VPN Remote. Configuring the Easy VPN Server. Adding XAUTH to the Easy VPN Server Configuration. Overview of Cisco VPN Software Client 3.x. Accessing Cisco VPN 3.5 Client. Cisco VPN Client Log Viewer. Modifying MTU Size. VPN Client Connection Status. Summary. Exam Prep Questions. Need to Know More? 11: Management Center for VPN Routers.
- Introduction. Introduction to the Router Management Center. Tunneling Technology Support. Router MC Requirements. Introduction to CiscoWorks 2000. Basic VPN Configuration. Creating an Activity. Cisco Devices Supported by Router MC. Configurable VPN Settings on Router MC. Configuring IKE Policy. Building Blocks. Configuring Tunnel Policy. Traffic Filter. Existing Configuration Management Using Router MC. Deployment Jobs. Deployment Reports. Summary. Exam Prep Questions. Need to Know More? IV: PRACTICE EXAMS. 12: Practice Exam 1.
- Questions, Questions, Questions. Picking Proper Answers. Decoding Ambiguity. Working Within the Framework. Deciding What to Memorize. Preparing for the Test. Taking the Test. 13: Answer Key 1. 14: Practice Exam 2. 15: Answer Key 2. V: APPENDIXES. Appendix A: Resources. Appendix B: What's on the CD-ROM.
- The PrepLogic Practice Exams, Preview Edition Software. An Exclusive Electronic Version of the Text. Appendix C: Using the PrepLogic Practice Exams, Preview Edition Software.
- The Exam Simulation. Question Quality. The Interface Design. The Effective Learning Environment. Software Requirements. Installing PrepLogic Practice Exams, Preview Edition. Removing PrepLogic Practice Exams, Preview Edition from Your Computer. How to Use the Software. Contacting PrepLogic. License Agreement. Glossary. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's summary
Your resource to passing the Cisco CCSP SECUR Certification Exam! Join the ranks of readers who have trusted Exam Cram 2 to their certification preparation needs! The CCSP SECUR Exam Cram 2 (Exam 642-501) is focused on what you need to know to pass the CCSP CSI exam. The Exam Cram 2 Method of Study provides you with a concise method to learn the exam topics. The book includes tips, exam notes, acronyms and memory joggers in order to help you pass the exam. Included in the CCSP SECUR Exam Cram 2: A tear-out "Cram Sheet" for last minute test preparation. Covers the current exam objectives for the 642-501 exam. The PrepLogic Practice Tests, test engine to simulate the testing environment and test your knowledge. Trust in the series that has helped many others achieve certification success - Exam Cram 2.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Electronic data processing personnel > Certification > Study guides.
- Computer networks > Security measures > Examinations > Study guides.
- Réseaux d'ordinateurs > Sécurité > Mesures > Examens > Guides de l'étudiant.
- COMPUTERS > Internet > Security.
- COMPUTERS > Networking > Security.
- COMPUTERS > Security > General.
- Computer networks > Security measures > Examinations.
- Electronic data processing personnel > Certification.
- Study guides.
- Publication date
- Exam cram 2
- "Exam 642-501"--Cover.
- 0768661854 (electronic bk.)
- 9780768661859 (electronic bk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: