Almost Yankees : the summer of '81 and the greatest baseball team you've never heard of
- J. David Herman.
- Lincoln : University of Nebraska Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xxiii, 313 pages ; 24 cm
- Herman, J. David, author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- I wouldn't ship anything to New York just yet
- Locked out
- For openers
- A ball never comes to me
- Signs of life
- Hello, baseball
- This is Phil Rizzuto from Norfolk, Virginia
- The grind
- Flashing the "H"
- Time to get up
- I guess I'm in charge
- There's something I've got to tell you
- "Almost Yankees is the story of the New York Yankees' then Triple-A farm club, the 1981 Columbus Clippers, and its players performing in the shadow of one of the sport's most famous teams and infamous owners"-- Provided by publisher.
- Columbus Clippers (Baseball team) > History > 20th century.
- New York Yankees (Baseball team) > History > 20th century.
- Baseball teams > Ohio > Columbus > History > 20th century.
- Baseball teams > New York (State) > New York > History > 20th century.
- Baseball players > Ohio > Columbus > Biography.
- Baseball team owners > Ohio > Columbus > Biography.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781496208897 hardcover ; alkaline paper
- 1496208897 hardcover ; alkaline paper
- 9781496215369 electronic book
- 9781496215376 electronic book
- 9781496215383 electronic book
Browse related items
Start at call number: