Leonardo's library : the world of a Renaissance reader
- Paula Findlen ; with essays by J.G. Amato, Veronica S.-R. Shi, Alexandria R. Tsagaris, Carlo Vecce.
- Stanford, California : The Stanford Libraries, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- ix, 1 unnumbered page, 197 pages, 1 unnumbered page : illustrations ; 31 cm
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|Z997 .L572 F56 2019 F||In-library use|
- Findlen, Paula, curator, author of essays.
- Amato, J.G., author of essay.
- Shi, Veronica S.-R., author of essay.
- Tsagaris, Alexandria R., author of essay.
- Vecce, Carlo, author of essay.
- Fischbach, Elizabeth, project director.
- Stanford University. Libraries. Department of Special Collections and University Archives, publisher.
- Wilsted & Taylor Publishing Services, publisher.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Foreword / Paolo Galluzzi.
- Preface / John E. Mustain.
- Acknowledgments / Paula Findlen.
- Introduction : Leonardo's library : The world of a Renaissance reader / Paula Findlen.
- Omo (quasi) sanza lettere : Leonardo's quest to teach himself classical Latin / Veronica S.-R. Shi.
- The moral paradoxes of reading : how Leonardo grappled with difficult ideas / J.G. Amato.
- Leonardo in the age of Gutenberg : between the manuscript codex and the printed book / Paula Findlen.
- Reading the city, reading the body : the architectural education of Leonardo / Alexandria R. Tsagaris.
- Inside nature's mind : Leonardo's scientific and medical books / Paula Findlen.
- Epilogue : "Old friends" : Leonardo's books (before the library) / Carlo Vecce.
- Books & manuscripts in the exhibition.
- Leonardo's list of books / Paula Findlen and Carlo Vecce.
- Principal contributors.
- Publication date
- "Published by the Stanford Libraries in conjunction with the exhibition Leonardo's library: the world of a Renaissance reader, commemorating the five-hundredth anniversary of the death of Leonardo da Vinci. May 2-October 13, 2019, Peterson Gallery and Munger Rotunda, Green Library, Stanford University."--Title page verso.
- "... produced under the auspices of the Department of Special Collections, Stanford Libraries, Stanford University. Produced by Wilsted & Taylor Publishing Services. Project manager for Stanford: Elizabeth Fischbach, exhibition designer. Art director: Christine Taylor. Production assistant: LeRoy Wilsted. Copy editor: Nancy Evans. Proofreader: Melody Lacina. Designer and compositor: Michael Starkman. Color manager: Evan Winslow Smith. Printer's devil: Lillian Marie Wilsted. Type: Monotype Dante text with Centaur display. Paper: 150 gsm Garda. Printer and binder: Friesens, Canada."--Page .
Browse related items
Start at call number: