A ghost story of Christmas, being a Christmas Carol
- by Charles Dickens.
- Uniform Title
- Christmas carol
- New York ; London : Caliban Press, 2017.
- Physical description
- 107 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm + 1 prospectus (1 sheet ; 26 x 18 cm)
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|Z239 .C135 D53 2017||In-library use|
- Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870, author.
- Berard, Guy, 1941- illustrator.
- Lago, Greg, illustrator.
- Schulenberg, Melissa, illustrator.
- McMurray, Gregory, illustrator.
- Caliban Press, publisher.
- McMurray, Mark (Mark C.), printer.
- Bixler, Michael, compositor.
- Bixler, Winifred, compositor.
- Papeterie St-Armand, papermaker.
- Osolin, Anastasia, binder.
- Marley's ghost
- The first of the three spirits
- The second of the three spirits
- The last of the spirits
- The end of it.
- Scrooge, Ebenezer > Fiction.
- Marley, Jacob (Fictitious character) (Spirit) > Fiction.
- Misers > Fiction.
- Poor families > Fiction.
- Sick children > Fiction.
- London (England) > Fiction.
- Artists' books > Specimens.
- Scrooge, Ebenezer.
- Artists' books.
- Poor families.
- Sick children.
- England > London.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Ghost story
- "A new edition of A Christmas Carol by Caliban Press."--Prospectus.
- "The complete text from the first edition of 1843 with minor corrections. Textual advisor: ... Robert DeGraaff. Images: ... Guy Berard, Greg Lago, Melissa Schulenberg and Gregory McMurray; inspired from a variety of sources using various media including pochoir, collage, wood engraving and relief blocks."--Prospectus.
- "Type: 12 point monotype Bell cast by ... Michael & Winifred Bixler in Skaneateles, New York. Plus numerous 19th century foundry and wood types. Printed entirely from metal and wood. ... Printed on a variety of handmade and mould-made papers, including Zerkal Ingres and the ever ghostly handmade papers from La Papeterie St-Armand on the banks of the Lachine Canal in Montreal. ... Sewn by Anastasia Osolin, Saranac Lake, New York. Red morocco leather spine, black ribbed flexible covers with slipcase. ... McMurray & Marley, printers"--Prospectus.
- "Somewhere around 110 copies have been printed by your faithful friend & servant Mark McMurray, Canton, New York, Christmas, 2017"--Colophon. Actually 104 numbered and signed copies.
- Errata slip and prospectus sheet laid in.
- Quarter bound in red morocco leather with title stamped black on spine, with black patterned handmade paper sides with a cutout on the front cover showing a grey paper background printed black with the title. Held in a handmade paper slipcase printed with an image of chains.
- Special Collections & University Archives copy 1: Copy number 32/104; signed by the printer.
- United States -- New York, -- publication place.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: