Oak Knoll fest XX portfolio
- New Castle, Delaware : Oak Knoll Books, 2018.
- Physical description
- 1 portfolio (18 broadsides) : illustrations (some color) ; 33 cm + 1 pair of 3D glasses.
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|(no call number)||In process|
- Cypher, Jill, 1952- artist, printer.
- Henry, Barbara, printer.
- Jobson, Craig, 1954- printer.
- McGarvey, Michael (Michael J.), wood-engraver.
- Maret, Russell, artist.
- Moss, Graham, 1947- printer.
- Murray, Timothy, 1950- writer of introduction.
- Nichols, Ray, 1946- eartist, printer.
- Ould, Martyn A., 1948- printer.
- Ould, Angela, printer.
- Pastotnik, Chad, printer.
- Sellers, David J. (David John), 1952- artist, printer.
- Smith, Alice, 1983- illustrator.
- Plana, Elies, 1977- printer.
- Oak Knoll Fest (20th : 2018 : New Castle, Del.), sponsoring body.
- Boss Dog Press, printer.
- Campbell-Logan Bindery, bookbinder.
- Clinker Press, printer.
- Deep Wood Press printer.
- Harsimus Press, printer.
- Incline Press, printer.
- Lark Sparrow Press, printer.
- Lead Graffiti (Firm), printer.
- Ninja Press, printer.
- Old School Press, printer.
- Papeterie St-Armand, papermaker.
- Passim Editions printer.
- Pied Oxen Printers printer.
- Walking Bird Press (Flatrock, N.L.), printer.
- Oak Knoll Books (Firm), commissioning body.
- Campbell-Logan Bindery, binder.
- Fest XX: Oak Knoll Fest XX / Tim Murray
- 'Books don't always lead, they shouldn't. Minds don't always follow, they mustn't' ; designed & printed ... at the Clinker Press,
- XX Oak Knoll Book Fest ; printed by Elies Plana for Oak Knoll, October
- 2018 (signed by Elies Plana)
- 'You can find a whole new life in a bookshop. People should be warned' / Monsterous imaginings by Alice Smith ; letterpress printed with Bembo type by Graham Moss at inclinepress.com
- Bringing it on home / Martyn & Angela [Ould] ; 5-7 October
- Oak Knoll Fest October 5-7,
- 2018 New Castle Delaware ; Walking Bird Press, Flatrock, Newfoundland, Canada
- Cloud poem XX / Ray Nichols, J. (Jill) Cypher, 9/2018 ; printed by Lead Graffiti
- Oak Knoll Fest XX October 5-7,
- 2018 New Castle, DE, signed McGarvey
- The edges of time / Kay Ryan ; Ninja Press
- 'Thank you Rob Fleck for Oak Knoll Fest XX October 5-7,
- 2018 New Castle, DE / Craig Jobson at Lark Sparrow Press, Evanston, Illinois
- 'And this our noble art of printing is the very foster mother of all learning; for although the few had books before John Gutenberg gave us our art, not until printing came learning, yea and wisdom also, knock at every man's door.' / Cardelius 1546] ; Deep Wood Press (signed by Chad Pastotnik)
- 'Of all the books produced since the most remote ages by human talents and industry only those that treat cooking are, from a moral point of view, above suspicion.' / Joseph Conrad ; Passim Editions in Louisville
- XX / eighty copies designed and printed by Russell Maret for Oak Knoll XX (43/80 ; signed RM)
- 'Bringing it on home' [poem] ; printed by the Boss Dog Press (the paper is vintage Curtis Tweedweave)
- 'The unhinged allure of Pandora's box' / Barbara Henry ; in an edition of
- 80 with
- 24 extra copies for the press ; Harsimus Press, Jersey City, NJ. (set in Caslon with New Hellenic Greek, Pacific & Kliluk ; initialled 'B. H.')
- Ink Litany / Anne Waldman (excerpted from Extinction Aria' first published by Pied Oxen Printers in
- 2017 and reprinted with the poet's permission for the Oak Knoll Fest XX portfolio) ; The Canal paper is made in Montreal by La Papeterie St-Armand. The types are Monotype Garamont
- 248 and ATF Garamond
- 459 & 460) ; design, artwork, hand-setting and printing on a Vandercook Universal I press are by David Sellers, Pied Oxen Printers (comprises
- 80 Arabic-numbered copies for the portfolio and
- 20 Roman numeral copies for the poet and printer, of which this is number 4.)
- [Sign] : 308-10 Delaware Street : Oak Knoll Fest XX October 5-7,
- 2018 New Castle, DE [meant to be looked at while wearing 3-D glasses]
- "Since 1994, Oak Knoll Fest has been a destination for printers, scholars, collectors, librarians, and booksellers to congregate in historic New Castle, Delaware. What began as a yearly venture during the first weekend of October, Oak Knoll Fest eventually became a biennial event in 2010. Each Fest has has a theme: 2010 was on "The Importance of Artists' Books," 2012 was "Fine Press Books in the 21st Century," 2014 was "Buying and Selling Fine Press Books," and 2016 was "Text and Inspiration for Fine Press Titles." this year's theme is titled "Bringing It on Home," which celebrates the history and importance of fine press book fairs. The Fest in 2018 was from October 5-7. David Sellers of Pied Oxen Printers designed and printed the title page, Introduction, and colophon (in addition to his own broadside), using Canal Papers made by La Papeterie Saint-Armand. Types used are ATF's Garamond 459, Edwin H. Denby's proprietary, & Stephenson Blake's Fry's Ornamented. The broadsides are housed in a lovely portfolio bound by Campbell-Logan Bindery of Fridley, Minnesota."--Publisher's description.
- Included Work
- Container of: Henry, Barbara. Unhinged allure of Pandora's box.
- Container of: Ryan, Kay. Edges of time.
- Container of: Waldman, Anne, 1945- Ink litany.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Fest XX
- Portfolio title: Oak Knoll books fest XX
- "Oak Knoll Fest XX is scheduled for October 5th - October 7th, 2018. The theme this year is "Bringing it on Home " in which Printers, booksellers, and collectors will discuss that theme in a free symposium on Saturday (10/6), focusing on the importance of fine press bookfairs that help expand the knowledge of the books arts."--Publisher's description.
- Title from title sheet in portfolio.
- 18 separate broadsides, printed by various presses, each paying tribute to Oak Knoll fest and Bob Fleck.
- Pied Oxen Printers, Elies Plana, Richard Minsky, Wesley Tanner, Ninja Press, Deep Wood Press, Boss Dog Press, Old School Press, Lead Graffiti, Clinker Press, Lark Sparrow Press, Russell Maret, Incline Press, & Walking Bird Press. Introduction by Tim Murray, Librarian and Head of Special Collections at the Morris Library, University of Delaware.
- "This collection of broadsides expresses the creativity, camaraderie & generosity of participating printer-artists as they celebrate the twentieth occurence of the Oak Knoll Fest in New Castle, Delaware, October 5-7, 2018. The portfolio enclosure was specially made In Fridley, Minnesota by Campbell-Logan Bindery The Canal Papers used for the title page essay & this colophon were made in Montreal, Canada by La Papeterie Saint Armand. Design typesetting by hand & letterpress printing on a Vandercook Universal I press of these three pages only were done in Hopewell, New Jersey by David Sellers, Pied Oxen Printers. The types are ATF's Garamond 459, Edwin H. Denby's proprietary, and Stephenson Blake's Fry's Ornamented. The edition comprises eighty copies. "--Final broadsheet in portfolio.
- United States -- Delaware.