The city and global development : beyond the North-South paradigm
- edited by Linda Hogan, Alina Krause and Markus Büker.
- English. Some contributions translated into English.
- London : SCM Press, 2019.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 148 pages ; 22 cm.
- Concilium (Glen Rock, N.J.) ; 2019/1.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Part One Humanity on the move. The century of cities: pathways towards sustainability / Dirk Messner
- Part Two Theological reflections on urbanisation and its challenges. Christians as troublemakers in the city: initial experiences and visions on the value of Christian faith for shaping society / Martin Ebner
- Learning to live a life of hospitality: theological foundations for proclaiming the faith in the cultural plurality of big cities / Margit Eckholt
- Transforming our cities: public role of faith and theology / Felix Wilfred
- Part Three Ethical reflections on urbanisation and its challenges. Cities and their global responsibility: reflections on social ethics from a German perspective / Michelle Becka
- Faith and religion in globalized megacities: a view from Manila / Daniel Franklin Pilario
- Globalisation, urbanisation, and the common good / Linda Hogan
- Part Four The praxis of creating humane spaces. Liberating urban development and the South African church: a critical reflection in conversation with David Korten and Gustavo Gutierrez / Stephan De Beer
- The contribution of civil society organisations to transformation: consequences for the work of NGOs - Misereor / Georg Stoll
- Living with dignity and peace: social mobilization for housing rights and the right to the city / Lorena Zárate
- The third paradise / Marco Kusumawijaya
- The periphery in the centre / Luiz Kohara
- Part Five Theological forum. The death penalty, church teaching and the development of dogma: reflections on Pope Francis' change to the Catechism / Michael Seewald.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Concilium, 0010-5236 ; 2019/1
- 9780334031529 (paperback)
- 0334031524 (paperback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: