The disintegration of Euro-Atlanticism and new authoritarianism : global power-shift
- Vassilis K. Fouskas, Bülent Gökay.
- [Cham, Switzerland] : Palgrave Macmillan, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xv, 211 pages : illustrations, map, charts ; 22 cm
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 193-206) and index.
- Preface & Acknowledgements
- Chapter 1 The study of global politics & economics today
- Chapter 2 Global power-shift, the decline of the West and new authoritarianism
- Chapter 3 Germany's ordoliberal austerity and the European disunion
- Chapter 4 The road to Brexit
- Chapter 5 Imperial symphysis: Greece and German ordoliberalism
- Chapter 6 The disintegrative and authoritarian logics of Euro-AtlanticismPostscript - Political Perspectives.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This book sets out a concrete analytical and empirical framework to understand the Euro-zone crisis and the deep disintegrative tendencies of Euro-Atlantic neo-imperialism. It explores how the authoritarianism and austerity led from above in the transatlantic world cultivate right-wing populism and racist hysteria from below, especially in relation to the global power-shift to China and other emerging economies. The authors argue that ordoliberal/neo-liberal austerity cannot reverse the decline of western economies; if anything, it precipitates their downfall and the re-launching of globalization under Asian primacy. The book will appeal to students, scholars and policymakers across the fields of International Political Economy, European Politics and Critical Social and Political Theory.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 3319968173 hardback
- 9783319968179 hardback
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: