Frontier life : borderlands, settlement & colonial encounters
- [Marlborough, Wiltshire, UK] : Adam Matthew Digital
- Physical description
- 1 online resource
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm) issuing body.
- This digital collection of primary source documents helps us to understand existence on the edges of the anglophone world from 1650-1920. Discover the various European and colonial frontier regions of North America, Africa and Australasia through documents that reveal the lives of settlers and indigenous peoples in these areas. Major themes included are settlement development, law and order, violence, expeditions and exploration, relations with indigenous peoples, trade and commerce, death and disease, missionaries and religion, women's history, military matters, mining and gold rushes, settler governance, contested boundaries, and agriculture and livestock. The vast majority of the material is unique and unpublished manuscript in the form of correspondence, diaries, land records, and business records. Features of Frontier Life include: interactive maps and chronology, visual galleries, thematic guides, and frontier settlement floorplans and images.
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Frontier life: borderlands, settlement and colonial encounters
- Frontier life: Adam Matthew
- Vol/date range
- Began around 2016?