African American communities
- Current publication
- Marlborough, Wiltshire, UK : Adam Matthew, -
- Physical description
- 1 online resource
Search this database
- Focusing predominantly on Atlanta, Chicago, St. Louis, New York, and towns and cities in North Carolina this collection presents multiple aspects of the African American community through pamphlets, newspapers and periodicals, correspondence, official records and in-depth oral histories, revealing the prevalent challenges of racism, discrimination and integration, and a unique African American culture and identity. Also featured is a rich selection of visual material, including photographs, maps and ephemera.
- African Americans > History > 1877-1964 > Sources.
- African Americans > History > 1964- > Sources.
- African Americans > Civil rights > History > Sources.
- African Americans > Social conditions > Sources.
- Civil rights movements > United States > Sources.
- United States > Race relations > History > Sources.
- African Americans.
- African Americans > Civil rights.
- African Americans > Social conditions.
- Civil rights movements.
- Race relations.
- United States.
- Database topics
- American History
- Race and Ethnicity
- Beginning date