The Hunting of the Snark : an agony in eight fits
- by Lewis Carroll ; illuminated with eetchings by D. R. Wakefield.
- Goole : The Chevington Press, 
- Physical description
- 1 volume : color illustrations ; 39 cm
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|Z239.2 .C5 W355 2019 F||In-library use|
- "Illustrated by the lauded color-etching printer D. R. Wakefield, using contemporary characters to depict the members of the hunting party and even a portrait of the elusive Snark/Boojum. Wakefield’s etched portraits, ranging from Ted Hughes as the Broker to Morgan Freeman as the Butcher and the artist as the Bellman, bring a modern feel to this work." https://www.lewiscarroll.org/2019/04/05/seeking-it-with-thimbles-fine-press-and-artists-books/
- Publication date
- "This edition of 'The hunting of the snark' is limited to 32 copies. The etching, including the paper covers, are drawn and printed in their entirety by the artist. The title page is an agglomeration of different sizes of Baskerville, wooden type, and etching. The main text is 12 point Baskerville patiently set by hand by the artist and printed on his aged Albion. The paper is Somerset Satin White mould made. Binding is shared between Dave Robinson and Steve Ingram of the Bindery in Kingston upon Hull, and Gray Parrot of Warren in Maine, responsible for nos. 1 to 5."--Colophon.
- Special Collections & University Archives copy 1: No. 13 of 32; signed by the artist.
- England -- Yorkshire -- Goole, -- publication place.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: