- Juan Felipe Herrera ; images by Felicia Rice.
- English, Spanish. In English and Spanish.
- audio file.WAV; 264 MB; 2304 kbps.
- Santa Cruz, CA : Moving Parts Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations ; 21 x 33 cm + 1 USB key card (2 x 3 1/4 in. ; 2 files, 7:41 and 8:25 min.)
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|Z239 .M94 H47 2019 F||In process|
- Herrera, Juan Felipe, author.
- Rice, Felicia, book artist, illustrator, printer.
- Clark, Jonathan, 1952- printer.
- Jensen, Craig (Craig William), 1951- binder.
- Giménez Smith, Carmen, 1971- writer of introduction.
- Baca, Marisol, performer.
- Encinas, Gabriela D., performer.
- Messer, Curtis, recordist.
- Moving Parts Press, publisher.
- "'Borderbus' takes place on a U.S. Department of Homeland Security Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) bus. Two women, detained while trying to cross the U.S.-Mexico border, are being transported to a detention center. They whisper in English and Spanish to avoid the attention of the guard. This USB drive contains two versions of the poem. The first is a reading in two voices by Marisol Baca and Gabriela D. Encinas, directed by Juan Felipe Herrera and recorded by Curtis Messer. The second is a recording of Herrera reading 'Borderbus.'"--Colophon.
- Immigrants > United States > Poetry.
- Hispanic Americans > Poetry.
- Artists' books > California > Santa Cruz > Specimens.
- Hispanic Americans.
- United States.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Introduction by Carmen Giménez Smith.
- USB key card in pocket on colophon page.
- "Forty-two copies designed in Garamond, Meridien, and Ultra types and printed from photopolymer plates on Rives BFK Tan paper by Felicia Rice. Images created by Rice and printed from photopolymer plates made by Rice and Jonathan Clark of The Artichoke Press. Letterpress and relief printing by Rice using a Vanderook proof press at Moving Parts Press. Binding by Craig Jensen of BookLab II."--Colophon.
- "The deluxe edition of Borderbus is made up of eight copies of the book housed in an illuminated case designed by Felicia Rice and built by Gary Combs. The case is mounted on a base etched with the final lines of the poem, 'We are everything hermana / because we come from everything'.”--Publisher's website (viewed February 26, 2019).
- "'Borderbus,' from Notes on the Assemblage. Copyright © 2015 by Juan Felipe Herrera. Reprinted with the permission of City Lights Books, www.citylights.com." --Colophon.
- Signed by the author, book artist, performers, and recordist.
- In a slipcase.
- Sound files are not available in original format, and must be reformatted to a digital use copy. Digital content is closed until processed.
- File/Data Type
- 2 sound files (WAV)
- French door binding, with 16 accordion-folded pages facing 4 accordion-folded pages.
- Special Collections & University Archives copy 1: Deluxe edition with illuminated case instead of slipcase and power cord in separate box; housed in a black felt cover. Copy number 4/42; colophon signed by Marisol Baca, Gabriela D. Encinas, Curtis Messer, Juan Felipe Herrera and Felicia Rice; introduction signed by Carmen Giménez Smith. Illuminated case numbered 4 of 8. USB key card has been removed for digital media capture.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: