Basic allied health statistics & analysis
- Lorie Darche, Gerda Koch.
- 5th edition.
- Boston, MA : Cengage, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- x, 326 pages ; 28 cm
- 1. Health Statistics: Why Are They Important?
- 2. Mathematics: Reviewing the Basics.
- 3. Health Data Across the Continuum.
- 4. Hospital Census.
- 5. Hospital Occupancy.
- 6. Hospital Length of Stay.
- 7. Hospital, Obstetric, and Neonatal Statistics.
- 8. Miscellaneous Clinical and Non-Clinical Statistics.
- 9. End-of-Life Statistics: Mortality and Autopsy Rates.
- 10. Community Health Statistics.
- 11. Statistics: Learning the Basics.
- 12. Organizing Data for Analysis.
- 13. Displaying Data for Analysis.
- 14. Fundamentals of Research.
- Appendix I: Glossary.
- Appendix II: Formulas.
- Appendix III: Abbreviations.
- Appendix IV: Answers to the Self-Tests and Chapter Tests.
- Appendix V: Quick-Reference. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Think statistics is just for statisticians? Think again! BASIC ALLIED HEALTH STATISTICS AND ANALYSIS, 5th Edition shows how Health Information Management (HIM) professionals wield the power of data to improve patient care delivery every day. To build a foundation for your success, this practical work-text demystifies stats by first demonstrating how to use calculations and then by offering practice in clinical case studies and practice problems. You'll think through the big issues in health care today, consider available data, choose the best statistical analysis, and then make recommendations--just like the pros. And once you have the basic math and stats down, nothing will hold you back! You can master applications such as vital statistics and mortality rates, census and occupancy rates, and more, all while meeting CAHIIM curriculum and competency standards.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- Basic allied health statistics and analysis
- Includes index.
- Previous edition by Gerda Koch alone.
- 9781337796965 (spiral-bound)
- 1337796964 (spiral-bound)
Browse related items
Start at call number: