From outrage to courage : the unjust and unhealthy situation of women in poorer countries and what they are doing about it
- Anne Firth Murray.
- New and rev. 2nd ed.
- Monroe, Me. : Common Courage Press, ©2013.
- Physical description
- xxiv, 346 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- HUMRTS-110-01 -- Global Women's Issues in Human Rights and Health
- Murray, Anne Firth
At the library
- Murray, Anne Firth.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- "From sex-selective abortions to millions of girls who are "disappeared," from 90 million girls who do not go to school to HIV/AIDS spreading fastest among adolescent girls, women face unique health challenges, writes Anne Firth Murray. In this searing cradle-to-grave review, Murray tackles health issues from prenatal care to challenges faced by aging women. Looking at how gender inequality affects basic nutrition, Murray makes clear the issues are political more than they are medical. In an inspiring look, From Outrage to Courage shows how women are organizing the world over. Women’s courage to transform their situations and communities provides inspiration and models for change. From China to India, from Indonesia to Kenya, Anne Firth Murray takes readers on a whirlwind tour of devastation - and resistance."--from amazon.com desc.
- Publication date
- Originally published in 2008 as: From outrage to courage : women taking action for health and justice.
Browse related items
Start at call number: