Russian vocal masterpieces : Mussorgsky and Rimsky-Korsakov songs
- Russian, English. Sung in Russian.
- London : Meridian Records, ℗1999.
- Physical description
- 1 audio disc (65 min., 19 sec.) : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- The banks of clouds begin to scatter, op. 42/3 / Rimsky-Korsakov ; text by Pushkin (3:41)
- The rainy day is over, op. 51/5 / Rimsky-Korsakov ; text by Pushkin (5:09)
- On the hills of Georgia, op. 3/4 / Rimsky-Korsakov ; text by Pushkin (2:48)
- The messenger, op. 4/2 / Rimsky-Korsakov ; text by Heine (1:54)
- When the ripening cornfield gently sways, op. 40/1 / Rimsky-Korsakov ; text by Lermontov (3:24)
- Song cycle: by the sea, op.
- 46. The waves part (1:26) ; The waveless sea is calm (2:08) ; The sea heaves (1:41)
- Do not believe me, my friend (1:59) ; The waves rise up (2:41) / Rimsky-Korsakov ; text by A. Tolstoy
- Anchar, op. 49/1 / Rimsky-Korsakov ; text by Pushkin (4:42)
- Prophet, op. 49/2 / Rimsky-Korsakov ; text by Pushkin
- Mephistophele's song of the flea / Mussorgsky ; text by Strugovshchikov (3:25)
- The leaves rustled sorrowfully / Mussorgsky ; text by Plescheyev (4:02)
- Song cycle: songs and dances of death. No. 1, Lullaby (5:38) ; No. 2, Serenade (4:46) ; No. 3, Trepak (5:21) ; No. 4, The field-marshal (6:14) / Mussorgsky ; text by Golenishchev-Kutuzov.
- Publication date
- Compact disc.
- Program notes (8 p. : ports.) include the song texts in English and are inserted in container.
- Vassily Savenko, bass baritone ; Michael Dussek, piano.
- Related Work
- Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolay, 1844-1908. Vocal music. Selections.
- Mussorgsky, Modest Petrovich, 1839-1881 Vocal music. Selections.
- Publisher Number
- CDE 84399 Meridian
Browse related items
Start at call number: