The operation of international law in the Russian legal system : a changing approach
- by Sergey Yu. Marochkin.
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill/Nijhoff, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xvi, 308 pages ; 25 cm.
- Brill's Asian law series ; v. 8.
- Marochkin, S. I͡U. (Sergeĭ I͡Urʹevich) author.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- A feeting glance back
- On the concept of national and international legal systems
- The capacity and role of norms of international law in the legal system of the Russian Federation
- International law sources and sources of law in the Russian Federation
- Interaction between legal force of international and Russian law norms
- Legal conditions for operation and realization
- Types of reference rules and their impact on operation and realization of norms of international law
- Ensuring the operation and realization of international law norms at the organizational level
- Federal, regional and local levels
- Forms, spheres, and functions
- Self-executing and non-self-executing norms of IL
- On the procedure (methodology) of applying international treaty norms
- Other international rules and instruments in the legal system of Russia
- The issue under study through the prism of international and national rule of law
This book addresses the increased role and standing of international law in the Russian legal system through analysis of judicial practice since the adoption of the Russian Constitution in 1993. The issue of interaction and hierarchy between international and domestic law within the Russian Federation is studied, combining theoretical, legal and institutional elements. Sergey Marochkin explores how methods for incorporating and implementing international law (or reasons for failing to do so) have changed over time, influenced by internal and global policy. The final sections of the book are the most illustrative, examining how 'the rule of law' remains subordinate to `the rule of politics', both at the domestic and global level.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Brill's Asian law series, 2214-6547 ; volume 8
- 9789004390201 (hardcover)
- 9004390200 (hardcover)
- 9789004391017 (eBook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: