Carbon allotropes : metal-complex chemistry, properties and applications
- Boris Ildusovich Kharisov, Oxana Vasilievna Kharissova.
- Cham, Switzerland : Springer, 2019.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xv, 790 pages) : illustrations (some color).
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Chapter 1. General data on carbon allotropes.- Chapter 2.Conventional carbon allotropes.- Chapter 3.Classic carbon nanostructures.- Chapter 4.Less-common carbon nanostructures.-
- Chapter 5. Other existing carbon forms.-
- Chapter 6. Predicted carbon forms.- Chapter 7.Coordination/organometallic compounds and composites of carbon allotropes.-
- Chapter 8. Solubilization and dispersion of carbon allotropes and their metal-complex composites.- Chapter 9.Carbon allotropes in the environment and their toxicity.-
- Chapter 10. Applications and cost-benefit data.-
- Chapter 11. Student zone: Overview, training, practices and exercises.- Chapter 12.Conclusions and further outlook.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This book provides a detailed description of metal-complex functionalized carbon allotrope forms, including classic (such as graphite), rare (such as M- or T-carbon), and nanoforms (such as carbon nanotubes, nanodiamonds, etc.). Filling a void in the nanotechnology literature, the book presents chapters generalizing the synthesis, structure, properties, and applications of all known carbon allotropes. Metal-complex composites of carbons are described, along with several examples of their preparation and characterization, soluble metal-complex carbon composites, cost-benefit data, metal complexes as precursors of carbon allotropes, and applications. A lab manual on the synthesis and characterization of carbon allotropes and their metal-complex composites is included. Provides a complete description of all carbon allotropes, both classic and rare, as well as carbon nanostructures and their metal-complex composites; Contains a laboratory manual of experiments on the synthesis and characterization of metal-complex carbon composites; Discusses applications in diverse fields, such as catalysis on supporting materials, water treatment, sensors, drug delivery, and devices.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, MI Available via World Wide Web.
- 9783030035051 (electronic bk.)
- 3030035050 (electronic bk.)
- 9783030035044 (print)