Three approaches to qualitative research through the ARtS : narratives of teaching for social justice and community
- by Seungho Moon.
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill Sense, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- ix, 90 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 24 cm
At the library
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC192.2 .M66 2019||Unknown|
- Moon, Seungho, author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 85-88) and index.
- Acknowledgements List of Illustrations
- Introduction Imagination and the Aesthetic Experience What Is the Arts Initiative? Methodological Groundings of This Book Organization of This Book
- Chapter 1: Three Theoretical Approaches to the Arts: Where Our Conversation Begins Where to Start Phenomenological Inquiry Critical Ethnographic Research Poststructuralist Theories Methodological Inquiry Questions
- Chapter 2: Heart Is Active Citizenship Metaphors in Phenomenology Heart and Active Citizenship The Heart of the Arts: Images of Partnership
- Chapter 3: Active Citizenship Is a Shout-Out Active Citizenship, Solidarity, and Social Change Vignettes of the Field: From Critical Ethnographic Research Perspectives Further Considerations
- Chapter 4: The Arts Community without Community The "How" of the Cultural Experience in the Arts Thinking with Theories and Theories with Thinking The Concept of Community without Community Community of Interrelationality Multiplicities of Community Community without Community and Social Transformation
- Chapter 5: The Arts, Social Justice, & Research Methodology Issue
- 1: Open-Ended Inquiry in the Arts Issue
- 2: Arts and Equity Issues Issue
- 3: Community and Partnership Issue
- 4: Towards Methodological Imagination Active Citizenship and Metaphors
- Appendix References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Three Approaches to Qualitative Research through the ARtS: Narratives of Teaching for Social Justice and Community incorporates aesthetic education into social justice discourses and advances qualitative research strategies through the medium of three theoretical frameworks: phenomenology, critical ethnographic research, and poststructuralist theories.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- 3 approaches to qualitative research through the ARtS
- 9789004396517 (hardback)
- 9004396519 (hardback)
- 9789004396500 (paperback)
- 9004396500 (paperback)
- 9789004396524 (e-book)
Browse related items
Start at call number: