La verdad y la poesía = Truth and poetry
- poems = poemas, Pablo Neruda ; drawings = dibujos, Manuel Neri ; calligraphy = caligrafía, Thomas Ingmire ; introduction = introducción, Mary Julia Klimenko.
- English, Spanish. In Spanish and English on facing pages.
- image file.
- [Benicia, California] : [Manuel Neri], 2004/2005.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (46 unnumbered pages) : color illustrations
Also available at
- Arte poética = The art of poetry
- La verdad = Truth
- La poesía = Poetry.
- Included Work
- Neruda, Pablo, 1904-1973. Poems. Selections. English.
- Beginning date
- Ending date
- Title Variation
- Truth and poetry
- "The drawings were created in 1981 and were selected by Manuel Neri to accompany the poems for this book. The drawing were done in oil-pastel, charcoal, water-based pigments, and graphite on paper, and were originally in the artists's sketchbook titled Shunga. ... the introduction was translated ... by Jaime Moreno Villareal... The binding structure for the book was developed by Daniel Kelm ... The goatskin leather binding, with unique leather onlay, hand-tooling and stamping in gold and palladium leaf was designed and produced by Daniel E. Kelm, Kylin Lee and the mechanics at the Wide Awake Garage. ... The book is enclosed in a cloth-covered clamshell box with leather label, also produced at the Wide Awake Garage."--Colophon.