The chemical reactor from laboratory to industrial plant : a modern approach to chemical reaction engineering with different case histories and exercises
- Elio Santacesaria, Riccardo Tesser.
- Cham, Switzerland : Springer, 
- Physical description
- xvii, 561 pages ; 25 cm
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|TP157 .S35 2018||In process|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Influence of chemical and physical equilibria on chemical reactions.- Introduction to mass and energy balances.- Study of reactions occurring in fluid-phase systems and related reactors (FPSR - fluid phase systems reactors).- Study of reactions occurring at the fluid-solid interface and related reactors (FSIR - fluid solid interface reactors).- Appendices- Methods for calculating the fugacity coefficients-. Methods for calculating the activity coefficients.- The main algorithms for interpreting and correlating experimental data.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783319974385 20190415
- Publisher's Summary
- This graduate textbook, written by a former lecturer, addresses industrial chemical reaction topics, focusing on the commercial-scale exploitation of chemical reactions. It introduces students to the concepts behind the successful design and operation of chemical reactors, with an emphasis on qualitative arguments, simple design methods, graphical procedures, and frequent comparison of capabilities of the major reactor types. It starts by discussing simple ideas before moving on to more advanced concepts with the support of numerous case studies. Many simple and advanced exercises are present in each chapter and the detailed MATLAB code for their solution is available to the reader as supplementary material on Springer website. It is written for MSc chemical engineering students and novice researchers working in industrial laboratories.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783319974385 20190415
- Chemical reactors.
- Publication date
- 9783319974385 hardcover
- 3319974386 hardcover
Browse related items
Start at call number: