- edited by Enrico Drioli, Lidietta Giorno, Francesca Macedonio.
- Berlin ; Boston : De Gruyter, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xiv, 332 pages : many illustrations (chiefly color) ; 24 cm.
- De Gruyter STEM.
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|TP159 .M4 M4386 2019||In process|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Fundamentals Pronciples of Membrane Separation Processes Membrane Separation Process Design and Operation Concentration Polarization and Membrane Modules Membrane Preparation and Characterization Membranes and Membrane Processes Applications - In Water Treatment (Desalination, Indistrial Water, Wastewater Treatment) - Chemical industry (Gas Separation, Solvent Separation, Recovery of Chemical and ollutants from Water and Wastewater Fuel Cells and Energy Storage Systems) - Food and Beverage Industry (Milk and dairy, Fruit, Citrus and Vegetal Juices, Alcoholic Beverages) - Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Industry ( Pharmaceuticals from Cell Cultures, Optically Pure Enantiomers, Antibiortics, Membranes in Proteomiocs, Virus Removal) - Biomedical Applicatioons (Hemodializer, Bioartificial Kidney, Bioartificial Liver, Artificial Liver, Artificial Lung, Immunoisolation of Drug Producing Cell Tissues, Membranes in regenerative Biology and Medicine) - Analytical and Diagnostic Applications (Microbiologal and Mammalian Cell Assay, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Assay, Pharmaceutical and Medical Care).
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Modern membrane science and technology aids engineers in developing and designing more efficient and environmentally-friendly processes. The optimal material and membrane selection as well as applications in the many involved industries are provided. This work is the ideal introduction for engineers working in membrane science and applications (wastewater, desalination, adsorption, and catalysis), process engineers in separation science, biologists and biochemists, environmental scientists, and most of all students. Its multidisciplinary approach also stimulates thinking of hybrid technologies for current and future life-saving applications (artificial organs, drug delivery).
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- De Gruyter STEM
- 9783110281408 paperback
- 3110281406 paperback
Browse related items
Start at call number: