Preparing teachers to educate whole students : an international comparative study
- Fernando M. Reimers, Connie K. Chung, editors.
- Cambridge, Massachusetts : Harvard Education Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 316 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
At the library
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB41 .P7655 2018||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 281-298) and index.
- A study in how teachers learn to educate whole students and how schools build the capacity to support them / Fernando M. Reimers
- Providing relevant twenty-first-century science education for all students : a case study of the Chilean inquiry-based science education program / Liliana Morawietz and Cristian Bellei
- Building the capacity for twenty-first-century education : a study of China's Qingyang school district / Xueqin Jiang and Zhijuan Ma
- An inclusive, whole-school, and sustainable approach to building teachers' capacity to promote twenty-first-century skills : lessons learned from the public-private partnership of Escuela Activa Urbana in Manizales, Colombia / Silvia Diazgranados Ferrans, Luis Felipe Martinez-Gomez, and Maria Figueroa
- Developing life skills in children : a study of India's Dream-a-Dream program / Aditya Natraj and Monal Jayaram
- Developing twenty-first-century competencies in Mexico : how UNETE and school communities broaden the goals of education by using educational technology / Sergio Cardenas, Roberto Arriaga, and Francisco Cabrera
- Creating cultures of learning in the twenty-first century : a study of EL education in the United States / Connie K. Chung
- Working in times of uncertainty to prepare for the future : a study of Singapore's leaders in education program / Oon-Seng Tan and Ee-Ling Low
- Conclusions / Fernando M. Reimers and Connie K. Chung.
Preparing Teachers to Educate Whole Students offers a wideranging comparative account of how innovative professional development programs in a number of countries guide and support teachers in their efforts to promote cognitive and socio-emotional growth in their students. The book focuses on holistic educational outcomes in an effort to better serve students in the twenty-first century and examines seven programs in all-in Chile, China, Colombia, India, Mexico, the United States, and Singapore. Fernando M. Reimers, Connie K. Chung, and their contributors focus on a pair of issues of great significance to educators throughout the world: the need to identify and promote a full range of competencies in students as they prepare for work and life in the twenty-first century, and the need to create and enhance professional development programs for teachers that will help them cultivate these competencies in their students. Preparing Teachers to Educate Whole Students offers a unique and helpful contribution to our understanding of fundamental educational goals and the professional development programs for teachers that aim to further those goals.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781682532379 (paperback)
- 1682532372 (paperback)
- 9781682532386 (library binding)
- 1682532380 (library binding)
Browse related items
Start at call number: