Amphibians of Europe, North Africa & the Middle East : a photographic guide
- Christophe Dufresnes.
- London : Bloomsbury Wildlife, 2019.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (224 pages) : maps (chiefly color)., illustrations (chiefly color)
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 217-222) and indexes.
- Subspecies appendix.
Packed with outstanding photographs, this practical, compact yet comprehensive reference is the definitive guide to all 139 amphibian species found in the Western Palearctic and adjacent regions. From familiar frogs and toads to striking salamanders and newts, the detailed text describes each species' appearance, habitat and behaviour, and includes useful information on their classifications, ecology and life cycles. Grouped by families for ease of use, every account includes an accurate distribution map and colour photographs annotated with crucial details to help swiftly identify species in the field. Written by field biologist Christophe Dufresnes, this is the ultimate photographic guide for amateurs and expert herpetologists alike.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- Amphibians of Europe, North Africa and the Middle East : a photographic guide
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, MI Available via World Wide Web.
- 9781472941381 (electronic bk.)
- 1472941381 (electronic bk.)