Governance of financial institutions
- edited by Danny Busch, Guido Ferrarini, Gerard van Solinge.
- Uniform Title
- Governance of financial institutions (Busch, Ferrarini & Solinge)
- First edition.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2019.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xliv, 595 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Oxford EU financial regulation series.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Governing financial institutions : law and regulation, conduct and culture / Danny Busch, Guido Ferrarini, and Gerard van Solinge
- Corporate governance of financial institution : in need of cross-sectoral regulation / Jens-Hinrich Binder
- Comparative regulation of corporate governance in the insurance sector / Arthur van den Hurk and Michele Siri
- The governance of banks and the requirement of resolvability : fundamental change in perspective? / Bart Bierens
- Corporate law versus financial regulatory rules : the impact on managing directors and shareholders of banks / Kitty Lieverse and Claartje Bulten
- Non-shareholder voice in bank governance : board composition, performance, and liability / Paul Davies and Klaus J. Hopt
- Responsibility of directors of financial institutions / Steven L. Schwarcz, Aleaha Jones, and Jiazhen Yan
- Fit and proper requirments in EU financial regualtion : towards more cross-sectoral harmonization / Danny Busch and Iris Palm-Steyerberg
- Risk, risk management, and internal controls / Lodewijk van Setten
- Financial market infastructures : the essential role of risk management / Paolo Saguato
- Compensation in financial institutions : systemic risk, regulation, and proportionality / Guido Ferrarini
- Corporate governance, financial information, and MAR / Carmine Di Noia and Matteo Gargantini
- Engagement of institutional investors / Maria Cristina Ungureanu
- State-owned financial institutions / Johannes Adolff, Katja Langenbucher, and Christina Skinner
- Cooperative banking : a Dutch experience / Martin van Olffen and Gerard van Solinge
- Corporate culture in the governance of financial institutions : an interdisciplinary approach / Shanshan Zhu and Guido Ferrarini
- Public supervision of behaviour and culture at financial institutions / Wijnand Nuijts
- The Dutch bankers' oath and the Dutch Banking Disciplinary Committee / Peter Laaper and Danny Busch
- Managing conduct risk : from rules to culture / Antonella Sciarrone Alibrandi and Claudio Frigeni
- Conflicts of interests : comparing compliance and culture in the United States and the United Kingdom / Geneviève Helleringer and Christina Skinner
- The Venetian banks' collapse / Paolo Giudici
- The Spanish banking crisis as a corporate governance problem / Maribel Sáez-Lacave and María Gutiérrez-Urtiaga
- Banco Espírito Santo : anatomy of a banking scandal in Portugal / José Engrácia Antunes
- Governance problems in Dutch financial institutions from 2007 to 2017 / Bas de Jong.
This book examines the topical issue of governance of financial institutions, covering banks, investment firms, asset management, pension funds and insurance firms. It comprehensively analyses the impact and practice of the new and more robust requirements for management functions under MiFID II (Markets in Financial Instruments Directive) and other regulation such as MAR (Market Abuse Regulation). Thematically grouped chapters provide extensive coverage of the main areas of change and interest in this field: financial regulation, models, systemic risk, culture and ethics, and conduct and culture. Each chapter employs an interdisciplinary approach, providing high-quality analysis and discussion of the governance of financial institutions of a practical, as well as theoretical, nature. Written by a team of expert contributors, comprised of leading scholars with broad practical experience, and leading practitioners in the field of corporate governance, this book provides much needed analysis of this important topic and the new rules for those advising financial institutions.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- European Parliament. Directive 2014/65/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 15 May 2014 on markets in financial instruments
- Financial services industry > Law and legislation > European Union countries.
- Financial services industry > Law and legislation.
- Europe > European Union countries.
- Publication date
- Oxford EU financial regulation series
- 9780198799979 (hardcover)
- 0198799977 (hardcover)
Browse related items
Start at call number: