Maya narrative arts
- Karen Bassie-Sweet and Nicholas A. Hopkins.
- Louisville, Colorado : University Press of Colorado, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xiii, 305 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 275-299) and index.
- The creator grandparents and the place of duality
- The family of the creator grandparents and complementary opposition
- The calendar and the narrative time frame
- The literary nature of Mayan texts, ancient and modern
- Text and image
- The Palenque Tablet of the
- 96 Glyphs
- The narrative of the Palenque Temple of the Inscriptions sarcophagus
- The Palenque Cross Group narrative.
- "A comprehensive and innovative analysis of the principles of Classic Maya narrative arts and applying those principles to major Palenque monuments. Demonstrating recent methodological shifts in the examination of art and inscriptions away from technical issues and toward the poetics and narratives of texts including relationships between images"--Provided by publisher.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781607327417 paperback
- 1607327414 paperback
- 1607328216 (hbk)
- 9781607328216 (hbk)
- 9781607327424 electronic book
Browse related items
Start at call number: