An introduction to data analysis : quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods
- Tiffany Bergin.
- London : SAGE Publications, 2018.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xviii, 269 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Bergin, Tiffany author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 243-262) and index.
- Chapter 1: Introducing Data
- Chapter 2: Thinking like a Data Analyst
- Chapter 3: Finding, Collecting, and Organizing Data
- Chapter 4: Introducing Quantitative Data Analysis
- Chapter 5: Applying Quantitative Data Analysis: Correlations, T-Tests, and Chi-Square Tests
- Chapter 6: Introducing Qualitative Data Analysis
- Chapter 7: Applying Qualitative Data Analysis
- Chapter 8: Introducing Mixed Methods: How to Synthesize Quantitative and Qualitative Data Analysis Techniques
- Chapter 9: Communicating Findings and Visualizing Data
- Chapter 10: Conclusion: Becoming a Data Analyst.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Covering the general process of data analysis to finding, collecting, organizing, and presenting data, this book offers a complete introduction to the fundamentals of data analysis. Using real-world case studies as illustrations, it helps readers understand theories behind and develop techniques for conducting quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods data analysis. With an easy-to-follow organization and clear, jargon-free language, it helps readers not only become proficient data analysts, but also develop the critical thinking skills necessary to assess analyses presented by others in both academic research and the popular media. It includes advice on: - Data analysis frameworks - Validity and credibility of data - Sampling techniques - Data management - The big data phenomenon - Data visualisation - Effective data communication Whether you are new to data analysis or looking for a quick-reference guide to key principles of the process, this book will help you uncover nuances, complexities, patterns, and relationships among all types of data.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781446295151 (pbk.)
- 144629515X (pbk.)
- 9781526452313 (ePub ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: