Gambling with other people's money : how perverse incentives caused the financial crisis
- Russell Roberts.
- Stanford, CA : Hoover Institution Press, 2019.
- Physical description
- xvii, 108 pages ; 22 cm.
- Hoover Institution Press publication ; 692.
- Roberts, Russell, author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface to the 2019 edition
- Gambling with other people's money
- Did creditors expect to get rescued?
- What about equity holders?
- Heads : they win a ridiculously enormous amount : tails : they win just an enormous amount
- How creditor rescue and housing policy combined with regulation to blow up the housing market
- Fannie and Freddie
- Fannie and Freddie : cause or effect?
- Commercial banks and investment banks
- Picking up nickels
- Basel : faulty
- Where do we go from here?
- About the author.
- Financial leverage > United States > History > 21st century.
- Global Financial Crisis, 2008-2009.
- Financial crises > United States > History > 21st century.
- Monetary policy > United States > History > 21st century.
- Finance > Government policy > United States > History > 21st century.
- Global Financial Crisis (2008-2009)
- Finance > Government policy.
- Financial crises.
- Financial leverage.
- Monetary policy.
- United States.
- Publication date
- Hoover Institution Press publication ; no.692
- "Originally published in 2010 in essay form..." -- p. xiii.
- 9780817921859 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: