Mechanical design engineering handbook
- Peter R.N. Childs.
- Second edition.
- Oxford, United Kingdom : Butterworth-Heinemann, an imprint of Elsevier, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 online resource : illustrations.
- Childs, Peter R. N., author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Design Specification Ideation Machine elements Journal bearings Rolling element bearings Shafts Gears Spur and helical gear stressing Bevel gears Worm gears Belt and chain drives Clutches and brakes Seals Springs Fastening and power screws Wire rope Pneumatics and hydraulics Tolerancing and precision engineering Mechanisms.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780081023679 20190211
- Publisher's Summary
- Mechanical Design Engineering Handbook, Second Edition, is a straight-talking and forward-thinking reference covering the design, specification, selection, use and integration of the machine elements that are fundamental to a wide range of engineering applications. This updated edition includes new material on tolerancing, alternative approaches to design, and robotics, as well as references to the latest ISO and US engineering regulations. Sections cover bearings, shafts, gears, seals, belts and chains, clutches and brakes, springs, fasteners, pneumatics and hydraulics, amongst other core mechanical elements. This practical handbook is an ideal shelf reference for those working in mechanical design across a variety of industries. In addition, it is also a valuable learning resource for advanced students undertaking engineering design modules and projects as part of broader mechanical, aerospace, automotive and manufacturing programs.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780081023679 20190211
- Publication date
- 9780081023686 (electronic bk.)
- 0081023685 (electronic bk.)
- 9780081023679 (electronic bk.)
- 0081023677 (electronic bk.)