He Reo Wahine : Maori women's voices from the nineteenth century
- Lachy Paterson and Angela Wanhalla.
- La Vergne : Auckland University Press, 2017.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (384 pages)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Cover; About the authors; Title page; Copyright; Contents; Acknowledgements; Glossary; Introduction: Voice, Text and the Colonial Archive;
- 1: 'I am a woman who wrote this letter': Land Sales;
- 2: 'I am pierced by war's alarms': Accounts of War;
- 3: 'I am living here a Stranger on this land': Raupatu and Compensation;
- 4: 'Look at me, I am just a woman speaking': Politics and Mana;
- 5: 'I will not desist from writing to you': Māori Women's Petitions;
- 6: 'I am the prosecutrix in this case': Legal Encounters and Testamentary Acts;
- 7: 'If I die, I am dying for the Lord': Religion.
- 8: 'I am burning like fire': Private MattersEpilogue: 'I am writing to you for you to hear'; Notes; Note on Sources; Bibliography; Index.
- Publication date
- 9781775589280 (electronic bk.)
- 1775589285 (electronic bk.)
- 9781775589273 (electronic bk.)
- 1775589277 (electronic bk.)