Selected issues in the modern intercultural contacts between Arabic and Hebrew cultures
- by Mahmoud Kayyal.
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2016.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- Brill's series in Jewish studies ; v. 57.
- Kayyāl, Maḥmūd, 1961- author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Transliteration Guide Preface Introduction
- Chapter 1: Charting Unfamiliar Experiences: Ideology and Hegemony in the Translation of Modern Hebrew Literature into Arabic
- Chapter 2: The Shallow Waters of Hebrew: Three Paradigms of Translating Modern Arabic Literature into Hebrew
- Chapter 3: "Golani Don Juan": The Linguistic Interference of Hebrew in Palestinian Literature Produced in Israel
- Chapter 4: "It's the Babushka's Fault": Hebrew Writing by Palestinian Authors as Viewed by Arab Critics Conclusions Bibliography Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
In Selected Issues in the Modern Intercultural Contacts between Arabic and Hebrew Cultures, Mahmoud Kayyal examines the modern intercultural contacts between Arabic and Hebrew cultures, especially translation activity between the two languages, Hebrew linguistic interference in the Palestinian literature, and Hebrew writings of Palestinian authors.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Hebrew literature, Modern > Translations into Arabic.
- Arabic literature > Translations into Hebrew.
- Translating and interpreting > Political aspects > Israel.
- Translating and interpreting > Social aspects > Israel.
- LITERARY CRITICISM > African.
- Arabic literature.
- Hebrew literature, Modern.
- Translating and interpreting > Political aspects.
- Translating and interpreting > Social aspects.
- Publication date
- Brill's series in Jewish studies ; volume 57
- 9789004332263 (electronic bk.)
- 900433226X (electronic bk.)