Face to face with the face : working with the face and the cranial nerves through cranio-sacral integration
- Thomas Attlee.
- London : Singing Dragon, 2016.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource : illustrations (colour)
- SECTION A: INTRODUCTION.
- 1. Facial Torment - and resolution. SECTION B: DENTISTRY AND CRANIO-SACRAL INTEGRATION.
- 2. Dentistry, Orthodontics and Cranio-Sacral Integration.
- 3. Distinguishing Dental and Non-Dental Sources.
- 4. Integration of Dentistry with Cranio-Sacral Therapy.
- 5. Tooth Anatomy and Development, Dental Terminology, Classifications, Appliances.
- 6. A Practical Cranio-Sacral Approach to Dental and Jaw Issues.
- 7. Dentistry and the Cranio-Sacral System by Dr. Granville Langly Smith.
- 8. Dentistry in the Context of Cranio-Sacral Therapy by Dr. Wojciech Tarnowski. SECTION C: ESSENTIALS OF CRANIO-SACRAL INTEGRATION.
- 9. Essentials of Cranio-Sacral Integration.
- 10. Working with the Face - An Integral Part of the Body.
- 11. Anatomy of the Face.
- 12. General Face Contact. SECTION D: THE MOUTH.
- 13. The Mandible.
- 14. The Muscles of Mastication.
- 15. The Temporo-Mandibular Joint (TMJ).
- 16. The Maxillae.
- 17. The Palatine Bones.
- 18. The Vomer.
- 19. Individual Teeth. SECTION E: THE CRANIAL NERVES.
- 20. Cranial Nerves - Introduction.
- 21. Foramina of the Face and Cranium.
- 22. Cranial Nerve I - The Olfactory Nerve.
- 23. Cranial Nerve II - The Optic Nerve.
- 24. Cranial Nerves III, IV, VI - The Oculo-Motor, Trochlear, and Abducent Nerves.
- 25. Cranial Nerve V - The Trigeminal Nerve.
- 26. Cranial Nerve VII - The Facial Nerve.
- 27. Cranial Nerve VII - The Vestibulo-Cochlear Nerve.
- 28. Cranial Nerve IX - The Glosso-Pharyngeal Nerve.
- 29. Cranial Nerve X - The Vagus Nerve.
- 30. Cranial Nerve XI - The Accessory Nerve (Spinal Accessory Nerve).
- 31. Cranial Nerve XII - The Hypoglossal Nerve.
- 32. Autonomic Nervous System Disturbances in the Face and Head. SECTION F: THE EYES.
- 33. The Eyes. SECTION G: THE EARS.
- 34. The Ears. SECTION H: THE NOSE, CHEEKS, SINUSES, ETHMOID.
- 35. The Nose.
- 36. The Zygomata.
- 37. The Sinuses.
- 38. The Ethmoid.
- 39. Conclusion.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Practical and clear, this comprehensive guide to cranio-sacral treatment of the face explains treatment approaches that can make a significant difference to persistent and intractable conditions, enabling profound transformation in quality of life through whole-person integration. The book explores the eyes, ears, nose, sinuses, mouth, teeth and jaw, and provides a practical means of resolving the multitude of conditions affecting these crucial areas in a gentle, non-invasive manner, utilising the body's inherent healing potential. It covers a wide range from persistent ear infections, dental disturbances, facial injury, sinusitis and trigeminal neuralgia, one of the most painful conditions known to the medical world, through to identifying hidden causes of migraine, autism and chronic fatigue and patterns of ill health arising from birth, early childhood and past trauma. Cranial nerve dysfunctions, including polyvagal disturbances, are also included. Hand positions and contacts are clearly presented with over 200 colour photographs and anatomical drawings. A comprehensive presentation of the potential cooperation between dentistry and cranio-sacral therapy is also provided, with contributions from two eminent dentists, providing much needed information on this growing field of integrative medicine. Essential reading in this rapidly expanding area of practice, the book is fully illustrated in colour.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9780857012258 (PDF ebook)
- 0857012258 (PDF ebook)
- 9781848192799 (pbk.)