The Georgian feast : the vibrant culture and savory food of the Republic of Georgia
- Darra Goldstein ; with an essay on Georgian wine by Alice Feiring.
- Revised and expanded 25th anniversary edition.
- Oakland, California : University of California Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xvii, 277 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 254-256) and index.
- Preface to the 25th Anniversary Edition A Note on Transliteration PART I. AN ABUNDANT LAND
- 1. A Taste of History
- 2. A Cultural Excursion
- 3. The Georgian Feast
- 4. The Flavors of Georgia
- 5. The Spirit of Georgian Wine, by Alice Feiring PART II. RECIPES A Note on the Recipes Appetizers Soups Meat Poultry Fish Sauces Cheese, Egg, and Yogurt Dishes Breads and Grains Vegetables Pickles and Preserves Sweets Menus A Glossary of Georgian Culinary Terms Selected Bibliography Sources Acknowledgments Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
"Every Georgian dish is a poem."--Alexander Pushkin According to Georgian legend, God took a supper break while creating the world. He became so involved with his meal that he inadvertently tripped over the high peaks of the Caucasus, spilling his food onto the land below. The land blessed by heaven's table scraps became Georgia. Nestled in the Caucasus mountain range between the Black and Caspian seas, the Republic of Georgia is as beautiful as it is bountiful. The unique geography of the land, which includes both alpine and subtropical zones, has created an enviable culinary tradition. Winner of the IACP Julia Child Award for Cookbook of the Year, The Georgian Feast introduced a generation of cooks to the rich and robust cuisine and culture of Georgia. This revised and expanded anniversary edition features new photography, recipes, and an essay from celebrated wine writer Alice Feiring.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Originally published: New York : HarperCollins, 1993.
- 9780520300262 (paperback)
- 0520300262 (paperback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: