Portraiture and politics in revolutionary France
- Amy Freund.
- English. English.
- University Park, Pennsylvania : The Pennsylvania State University Press, 
- Physical description
- 1 online resource
- Freund, Amy, author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Selling citizenship
- The legislative body
- Aux armes, citoyens!
- The terror
- The citoyenne tallien in prison
- The national Elysee
- Duty and happiness.
- "Examines the genre of portraiture and the political and cultural role of images in Revolutionary France. Focuses on portraiture as a privileged site for the elaboration of modern notions of selfhood and political agency"--Provided by publisher.
- Revolution (France : 1789-1799)
- Portraits > Political aspects > France > History > 18th century.
- Portraits, French > 18th century.
- France > History > Revolution, 1789-1799 > Portraits.
- ART > Subjects & Themes > General.
- Portraits, French.
- Visual Arts.
- Art, Architecture & Applied Arts.
- Visual Arts - General.
- Publication date
- 9780271065694 (electronic bk.)
- 0271065699 (electronic bk.)
- 9780271061948 (cloth ; alk. paper)