The last Afrikaner leaders : a supreme test of power
- Hermann Giliomee.
- Cape Town : Tafelberg, 2012.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (447 pages,  pages of plates) : illustrations, portraits
- Giliomee, Hermann, 1938-
- Respected historian Hermann Giliomee takes a fresh, incisive look at the five last Afrikaner leaders - and how and why their best laid plans went tragically and horrifically wrong. Interviews with ageing former leaders have brought much new information to light. Unexpected and gripping, with new insights on the inner workings of the apartheid era.
- National Party (South Africa) > History > 20th century.
- National Party (South Africa)
- Politicians > South Africa > 20th century.
- Apartheid > South Africa > 20th century.
- Power (Social sciences) > South Africa.
- South Africa > Politics and government > 1948-1994.
- South Africa > Race relations > 20th century > Political aspects > History.
- POLITICAL SCIENCE > Essays.
- POLITICAL SCIENCE > Government > General.
- POLITICAL SCIENCE > Government > National.
- POLITICAL SCIENCE > Reference.
- HISTORY > Africa > South > Republic of South Africa.
- Politics and government
- Power (Social sciences)
- Race relations > Political aspects.
- South Africa.
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- Also available in Afrikaans: Die laaste Afrikaner leiers.
- 0813934958 (electronic bk.)
- 9780813934952 (electronic bk.)