How I beat Coca-Cola and other tales of one-upmanship
- Carl Djerassi.
- Uniform Title
- Short stories. Selections
- Madison : Terrace Books, ©2013.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (159 pages)
- Djerassi, Carl.
- Machine generated contents note: How I Beat Coca-Cola
- Castor's Dilemma
- Sleight of Mind
- First-Class Nun
- Noblesse Oblige
- Glyndebourne Heist
- What's Tatiana Troyanos Doing in Spartacus's Tent?
- Toyota Cantos.
Carl Djerassi crafts a shrewd collection of comedies of manners, exposing the foibles of elite tribes-business executives, chefs, scientists, professors, musicians, and other clever characters. They spar in battles of one-upmanship using class, education, gender, or prestige as their weapons, sometimes leaving damaged bystanders in their wake but sometimes finding their superiority deflated by unexpected turns of events.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9780299295035 (electronic bk.)
- 0299295036 (electronic bk.)
- 1299870430 (electronic bk.)
- 9781299870437 (electronic bk.)
- 0299295044 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
- 9780299295042 (pbk. ; alk. paper)