Partita for Glenn Gould : an inquiry into the nature of genius
- Georges Leroux ; translated by Donald Winkler.
- Uniform Title
- Partita pour Glenn Gould. English
- data file.
- Montréal ; Ithaca [N.Y.] : McGill-Queen's University Press, ©2010.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (x, 246 pages) : illustrations
- Leroux, Georges author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 235-239) and index.
- Praeludium Overture Partita no. 1 in B flat Major
- Toccata Art and a Life's Shape Partita no. 6 in E Minor
- Allemande The Paradoxes of Genius Partita no. 2 in C Minor
- Courante III The Hands of Gould, the Body of Glenn Partita no. 3 in A Minor
- Air and Sarabande To Read, to Write, to Dream Partita no. 6 in E Minor
- Sinfonia The Importance of Being Alone Partita no. 2 in C Minor
- Scherzo Music and a Life's Shape Partita no. 3 in A Minor
- Gigue On the Road, at the Lakeshore, in the Forest Partita no. 6 in E Minor.
Glenn Gould (1932-1982) was a giant of twentieth-century classical music, but one whose eccentricities have sometimes obscured the moral seriousness of his approach to art. Countering this common misperception, Partita for Glenn Gould is an eloquent tribute to the artist that illuminates his versatile genius, his thinking, and our reasons for loving his art.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Translation of: Partita pour Glenn Gould. Presses de l'Université de Montreal, 2007.
- Winner of Governor General's Literary Awards (Translation) 2011
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780773538108 20190206
- 9780773581135 (electronic bk.)
- 0773581138 (electronic bk.)
- 9780773581425 (electronic bk.)
- 0773581421 (electronic bk.)