Wanted--correspondence : women's letters to a Union soldier
- edited by Nancy L. Rhoades and Lucy E. Bailey.
- Athens, Ohio : Ohio University Press, ©2009.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xx, 410 pages,  pages of plates) : illustrations
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Introduction: Bold script and war work
- Women's letters to Edwin Lewis Lybarger, 1862-67
- Appendix: Biographical sketch of Edwin Lewis Lybarger.
- Wanted-Correspondence is a unique collection of more than 150 letters written to an Ohio serviceman during the American Civil War offers glimpses of women's lives as they waited, worked, and wrote from the Ohio home front. The letters reveal fascinating details of the lives of mostly young, single women-friends, acquaintances, love interests, and strangers who responded to one Union soldier's advertisement for cor respondents. Almost all of the women who responded to Lieutenant Edwin Lewis Lybarger's lonely-hearts newspaper advertisement lived in Ohio and supported the Union. Lybar.
- Lybarger, Edwin Lewis, 1840-1924 > Correspondence.
- Lybarger, Edwin Lewis, 1840-1924.
- American Civil War (1861-1865)
- Women > United States > Social conditions > 19th century > Sources.
- Women > Ohio > Social conditions > 19th century > Sources.
- Letter writing > Social aspects > United States > Sources.
- United States > History > Civil War, 1861-1865 > Women > Sources.
- United States > History > Civil War, 1861-1865 > Social aspects > Sources.
- Ohio > History > Civil War, 1861-1865 > Women > Sources.
- Ohio > History > Civil War, 1861-1865 > Social aspects > Sources.
- United States > History > Civil War, 1861-1865 > War work > Sources.
- HISTORY > United States > State & Local > General.
- HISTORY > General.
- Letter writing > Social aspects.
- Social aspects.
- War work.
- Women > Social conditions.
- United States.
- Publication date
- Use copy Restrictions unspecified
- Electronic reproduction. [S.l.] : HathiTrust Digital Library, 2010.
- Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002. http://purl.oclc.org/DLF/benchrepro0212
- Action note
- digitized 2010 HathiTrust Digital Library committed to preserve
- 9780821443248 (electronic bk.)
- 0821443240 (electronic bk.)
- 9780821418048 (hc ; alk. paper)
- 0821418041 (hc ; alk. paper)
- 9780821418055 (pb ; alk. paper)
- 082141805X (pb ; alk. paper)