Risk, reliability, uncertainty, and robustness of water resources systems
- edited by Janos J. Bogardi, Zbigniew W. Kundzewicz.
- data file.
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2002.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xv, 220 pages) : illustrations.
- International hydrology series.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Cover; Half-title; Series-title; Title; Copyright; Dedication; Contents; Contributors;
- 1 Introduction;
- 2 Integrated regional risk assessment and safety management: Challenge from Agenda 21;
- 3 Risk analysis: The unbearable cleverness of bluffing;
- 4 Aspects of uncertainty, reliability, and risk in flood forecasting systems incorporating weather radar;
- 5 Probabilistic hydrometeorological forecasting;
- 6 Flood risk management: Risk cartography for objective negotiations;
- 7 Responses to the variability and increasing uncertainty of climate in Australia.
- 35 leading multi-disciplinary scientists with international reputations provide state-of-the-art reviews of topical areas of research on uncertainty and reliability related aspects of water resources systems. The volume will be valuable for graduate students, scientists, consultants, administrators, and practising hydrologists and water managers.
- Publication date
- International hydrology series
- Papers presented at the third George Kovacs Colloquium held in UNESCO, Paris, September 19-21, 1996.
- 0511041330 (electronic bk.)
- 9780511041334 (electronic bk.)
- 9780511546006 (electronic bk.)
- 0511546009 (electronic bk.)
- 9780511047442 (electronic bk.)
- 0511047444 (electronic bk.)