Dense + green : innovative building types for sustainable urban architecture
- Thomas Schröpfer.
- English. English.
- Basel ; Boston : Birkhäuser, 
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (304 pages)
- Schröpfer, Thomas, author.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Table of Contents ; Foreword ; Dense + Green Agendas ; The Dense and Green Paradigm ; Dense and Green Technologies ; Blue-Green Infrastructures for Buildings and Liveable Cities ; Biological Functionalities of Green ; Green Urbanism. Models of a Dense and Green Urban Context.
- Dense and Green Building Typologies Dense + Green Case Studies ; Institutional ; Regional Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Picardie ; Brooklyn Botanic Garden Visitor Center ; Khoo Teck Puat Hospital ; School of the Arts ; Nanyang Technological University Learning Hub ; Office.
- Ministry for Urban Development and the Environment Phare Tower Project ; Federal Environment Agency ; Solaris ; National University Health System Tower Block ; Residential ; Mountain Dwellings ; Vertical Garden House ; Via Verde ; Newton Suites ; The Interlace ; Infrastructure.
- The Amager Bakke Columbia Boulevard Wastewater Treatment Plant 196 Support Facility ; Transbay Transit Center ; Changi Airport Terminal 3 ; Mixed Use ; Urban Mountain ; Maquinnext ; One Central Park ; Oasia Downtown ; South Beach Road ; Dense + Green Practice Reports.
- Foster + Partners Practice Report. Environmental Performance Optimization on the Urban and Building Scale MVRDV Practice Report. New Nature ; WOHA Practice Report. High Density, High Liveability ; T.R. Hamzah & Yeang Practice Report. Systemic Environmental Integration.
The integration of nature in architecture is a key concern of sustainability. However, all too often sustainable design is reduced to improving the energetic performance of buildings and the ornamental application of natural green. Dense + Green explores new architectural typologies that emerge from the integration of green components such as sky terraces, vertical parks and green facades, in high-density buildings. The book describes green strategies in a comparison across different design tasks and climate conditions. In-depth case studies on the most relevant building types, consistently presented with analytical drawings made exclusively for this book, are complemented by expert essays that demonstrate the current paradigm shift in the sustainable urban environment. From the Contents: *Dense + Green Building Types, by Thomas Schroepfer, architect, Singapore University of Technology and Design *Dense + Green Building Technology, by Atelier Ten, environmental design consultants and building services engineers, New York, NY *Dense + Green Landscape Design, by Herbert Dreiseitl, landscape architect, Atelier Dreiseitl/Ramboll Liveable Cities Lab, UEberlingen/Singapore/Portland, OR *Dense + Green Botanical Design, by Jean Yong, plant eco-physiologist, Singapore University of Technology and Design *Dense + Green Urbanism, by Kees Christiaanse, urban planner, ETH Zurich *25 in-depth case studies from Europe, Asia and the USA *Practice Reports by Foster + Partners, WOHA, Ken Yeang, MVRDV and others.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Dense and green
- 9783038210146 (electronic book)
- 3038210145 (electronic book)
- 9783038215790 (hardcover alkaline paper)