A Practical Guide to Leadership and Management in Academic Radiology
- Springfield : Charles C Thomas, 2012.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (275 pages)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- PRACTICAL GUIDE TO LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENTIN ACADEMIC RADIOLOGY; CONTENTS;
- Chapter 1 INTRODUCTION;
- Chapter 2 THE SEARCH PROCESS AND NEGOTIATING FOR THE CHAIR;
- Chapter 3 COMPENSATION PLAN AND INCENTIVES;
- Chapter 4 FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT;
- Chapter 5 BILLING ORGANIZATION;
- Chapter 6 JOINT VENTURES AND STRATEGIC SUPPORT;
- Chapter 7 CAPITAL BUDGETS;
- Chapter 8 CLINICAL SERVICES;
- Chapter 9 TURF ISSUES;
- Chapter 10 FACULTY WORKLOAD;
- Chapter 11 BUILDING RESEARCH;
- Chapter 12 BUILDING A STRONG RESIDENCY PROGRAM;
- Chapter 13 FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM;
- Chapter 14 FACULTY RECRUITMENT AND RETENTION.
- Chapter 15 FACULTY RELATIONS AND MORALE
- Chapter 16 DEPARTMENTAL ORGANIZATION;
- Chapter 17 INFORMATION SYSTEMS;
- Chapter 18 LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT ANDSUCCESSION PLANNING;
- Chapter 19 STRATEGIC PLANNING ANDSCENARIO PLANNING;
- Chapter 20 MARKETING AND OUTREACH;
- Chapter 21 FUNDRAISING AND ALUMNI RELATIONS;
- Chapter 23 QUALITY AND SAFETY;
- Chapter 24 CULTURE;
- Chapter 25 CONCLUSIONS AND SUMMARY; INDEX.
- This is a practical nuts-and-bolts guide that is based on the authors' experience and success in the Radiology Department at the University of California at San Francisco. Academic chairs, especially those recently appointed, struggle with leadership and management. Many have little prior experience in these areas. The material presented here is practical and specific. Each chapter is independent of the others, and the text can be used mostly as a reference tool. The text deals with the major issues facing academic Radiology leaders. The topics selected were chosen carefully and are based on.
- Medical radiology > Study and teaching (Residency) > United States.
- Academic medical centers > United States > Administration.
- MEDICAL > Allied Health Services > Radiological & Ultrasound Technology.
- MEDICAL > Radiology & Nuclear Medicine.
- Academic medical centers > Administration.
- Medical radiology > Study and teaching (Residency)
- United States.
- Radiology > education.
- Schools, Health Occupations > organization & administration.
- Education, Professional > organization & administration.
- Faculty > organization & administration.
- United States.
- Publication date
- 9780398087043 (electronic bk.)
- 0398087040 (electronic bk.)