1st Battalion The East Lancashire Regiment : August and September 1914
- Luton : Andrews UK, 2011.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (87 pages)
- Hopkinson, E. C.
- Cover; Front Matter; Contents; Half Title; Frontispiece; Title Page; Title Page Verso; Preface; List of Illustrations; Body Matter; Mobilization; Arrival in France; Battle of Le Cateau; The Retreat to Noyon; Experiences of Major Green's Force; The Retreat Continued; The Affair of 1st September; The Retreat South of the Marne; The Advance to the Marne; Battle of the Marne; The Crossing of the Aisne; Battle of the Aisne; Departure from the Aisne; Appreciation; March Table; The Soldier's Point of View.
- This is the story of a regular battalion from mobilization to the end of the Battle of the Aisne in September 1914. When war broke out 1st E Lancs, a regular battalion, was stationed in Colchester, part of 11th Brigade, 4th Division. The battalion arrived in France on 22nd August 1914 and we are given the list of officers who embarked with the battalion. This account of the battalion's experiences in just three weeks includes the Battle of Le Cateau, the retreat to the Marne, the Battle of ...
- Publication date
- 9781781513835 (electronic bk.)
- 178151383X (electronic bk.)